2011 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SILVER E C-C, Aug 21, 2011.

1. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

think that these later coins are the actual first ones strike?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

Not sure if it was addressed to me. But if it was, I am not sure really. This submission was from my order completed at 1:40PM. I have another submission that was ordered by a close friend of mine. I haven't got the results yet (should be Monday), but his order was completed by 12:03PM.

I'm actually trying to see whether there are any correlations between order time (with the US mint) and the grading results or between grading time (how early you submit the coins) and the grading results. Lets see if anyone willing to participate ....

4. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

mine was later and they are immaculate i have 70s ad 69s and they all look like 70s+
    mine was later order just wondered just wonder if coins was stock piled and early strikes would be later orders?

5. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I have similar thoughts. My coins shipped right after the first batch shipped. I'll probably send them to NGC tomorrow.

When stamping the 25th Anniversary ASEs I wonder at what point they swap out the dies?

6. goldmember

goldmember Junior Member

I'll play. My order was at 12:03 and I got them on the second day of delivery and they went to NGC the next day. They were checked in on 11/16 and I got my results online last Wed. 11 of 25 were 70's, with none of the S mint coins being 70. The 70's were 3 of the reverse proofs, 2 burnished, 3 proof, and 3 bullion rounding out the 70's. One of my burnished came back a 67. Not as good as many people I have seen lately, but I am happy with them. Selling them all and buying 2 OGP. Well, I might keep a couple 70's if I don't get the right price.

7. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

Thanks. I will collect all the info I got from here and hopefully we'll come up with a reasoning conclusion.

ps: I will have my second submission result tomorrow that was ordered at 12:04PM (close to your time frame). I'll update the info as soon as I get them.
    btw, are you in Scranton? Steeler Nation here ;)

8. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Then you'll like the end of that game.

9. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

Yes I do :D

10. krispy

krispy krispy

@ flyingdog and any of those who are diligently tracking A25 order numbers...

I've just received another automated "back ordered" email for my A25 order from the US Mint. The email is basically empty, just shows my Order number: 383868XX, shipping address and what I ordered, expect to ship 12/11.

However, online, my account still shows 'in process' and 'open' status, expect to ship 12/12.

The last time I received the back order automated email it was November 14th, today is the 28th, so it must kick these out every two weeks while the order remains open/back ordered.

11. C Jay

C Jay Member

Got the same message. My order is 383862xx ordered @ 5:44 pm.

12. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

i would call tonight and ask if still filling orders as you have waited this long but call of evening the reps are allot nicer and really know more or give out more info they know what is going on if even just the calls coming in tells them everyone's # the can tell where #s are in orders about just call and check i called every evening for a week think i talked to some twice dont give up

13. goldmember

goldmember Junior Member

Good luck on your results. I am in the Harrisburg area, but still a Steelers fan.

14. Flying Dog

Flying Dog New Member

Thanks for the info krispy and Cjay.
    I received an e-mail today as well from the mint. Order 38385XXX backordered. Expect to ship 12/12.
    Airraid1995. stupid question, but how do you get a live person. The 2 times I've called, I went through a series of prompts only to be told by computer voice my order is still in process.
    Most recent range info I have is 383824xx in stock and reserved and 38395xxx - Dear John letter 11/24 - canceled.

15. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

stupid? i talked with a rep each and every time so not stupid?

16. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

17. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

hit 0 don't inquire about order just hit 0 to talk with rep

18. Flying Dog

Flying Dog New Member

I didn't mean you were stupid, I am for not thinking about just hitting zero.

19. Flying Dog

Flying Dog New Member

Just called te\he Mint. Pressed "0" and spoke to a live person. No real new news. She said the Mint is still sorting out all the orders placed within the first 4 1/2 hours. Once they get through all those orders, they will begin to fill the orders after the 4 1/2 hr timeframe. There are still sets available. How many, she has no idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted