2011 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SILVER E C-C, Aug 21, 2011.

1. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

You're probably right and that shows the incompitance of the tpgs . How can a perfect coin be on the high or low end of perfect , A 70 coin should have no marks at all . The fact that they can shows the foolishness of even buying a 70 over a 69 . If you need a loupe to see the defects what's the big deal of having a 69 or 70 , unless you have a registry set .

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ClairHardesty

ClairHardesty New Member

The definition of grade 70 isn't always perfection. PCGS defines grade 70 as "As struck, with full strike" and 69 as "Virtually as struck with minuscule imperfections, near full strike necessary". There are still variations among coins with full strike, a coin can be just fully struck or it can be strongly fully struck. The "as struck" is misleading, perhaps what they mean is more along the lines of "struck as intended, without visible imperfections". No magnification is used and the minuscule imperfections allowed for grade 69 can be seen with the unaided eye.

About.com defines the top two grades very differently than PCGS:
    (MS-69) Mint State All-But-Perfect - Uncirculated with perfect luster, sharp, attractive strike, and very exceptional eye appeal. A perfect coin except for microscopic flaws (under 8x magnification) in planchet, strike, or contact marks.

(MS-70) Mint State Perfect - The perfect coin. There are no microscopic flaws visible to 8x, the strike is sharp, perfectly-centered, and on a flawless planchet. Bright, full, original luster and outstanding eye appeal.

NGC defines a Mint State or Proof 70 coin as having no post-production imperfections at 5x magnification. ANACS says that a 70 is a virtually perfect coin.

None of the definitions say anything about die state so I assume that a late state die can still create grade 70 coins even though they will look different than early die state 70s.

All of this leaves room for variation among coins properly graded as 70.

4. 2Learn how2-101

2Learn how2-101 New Member

My Order number 38386xxx
    Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 05:43 PM
    Order Status: Your order request is in process.

2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 12/04/2011.

I'm puzzled because each day since the order was placed, the "Expected to ship" date keeps moving a day later. The orginal backorder ship date was 11/11/11.

Can someone please enlighten me the possibility of receiving them or ....not.:eek:

Thanks

5. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

:welcome:

Check your order # & time in the chart in this thread

>>>> http://www.cointalk.com/t194104-36/#post1305875

6. 2Learn how2-101

2Learn how2-101 New Member

I appreciate the info McBlzr ....Thanks!:smile. I just got a reassured vote of confidence ....in time.

:thumb:

7. kd13

kd13 New Member

MS 70 - PF 70 Sets have come down to $2000.... Hope the price will drive back up once supply starts to dry up!

8. coinperson

coinperson Member

There's some guy (joshimus05) who's selling 20 anniversary sets on ebay for $19,250. He didn't sell them but it looks like he sold another 14 sets successfully! This means that this guy had at least 34 sets in his possession. How does that happen?? :confused:

9. buyingsilvers

buyingsilvers New Member

10. kd13

kd13 New Member

I wonder how he got so many sets...

11. kd13

kd13 New Member

12. wesleyscott

wesleyscott Senior Member

My Order number 38386xxx
    Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 05:43 PM
    Order Status: Your order request is in process.

2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 12/04/2011.

I'm puzzled because each day since the order was placed, the "Expected to ship" date keeps moving a day later. The orginal backorder ship date was 11/11/11.

Can someone please enlighten me the possibility of receiving them or ....not.:eek:

Thanks

A relative of mine just checked their order. It is 38382xxx and it just changed to "In stock and reserved".

13. wesleyscott

wesleyscott Senior Member

A relative of mine just checked their order. It is 38382xxx and it just changed to "In stock and reserved".

Read more: http://www.cointalk.com/t190720/#ixzz1eSXfZZWS

14. kd13

kd13 New Member

have you called the mint?

15. kd13

kd13 New Member

Ebay listing are slowly going down, Sunday Night there were 825 listing. Now around 705.

16. airraid1999

airraid1999 Member

my suggestion is if you don't have a answer today call of a evening ,,,they seemed to have better reps and much nicer people after 6 at mint gl to all CALL THEM ITS YOUR MONEY AND THEY WORK FOR YOU.. YOU PAY TAXES SO THEY ARE EMPLOYED BY YOU CALL EVERY EVENING TILL ALL GONE:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::u*meY:

17. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

Question on the presentation box for this set. How long is the presentation set. Wondering if it will fit in a large priority mail box that is 12 by 12 inches..Thanks in advance.

18. downlow

downlow Collection Collector

From what I've heard they should.....
    maybe open the box and ship if flat/opened???
    They were talking about this at the coin shop.
    I went in to see if ant 25th sets were avaiable with my kids and there are NONE to be found.
    The coin ship had an empty box they were selling on Craigslist...

19. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

The measurements are in the utube video yoyo did.

20. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

21. BullionBully

BullionBully New Member

USPS has a box that are specifically for shoes, maybe that will work. I have a few at home that I can check. You should be able to find the dimensions on USPS's website.

Draft saved Draft deleted