2009 ultra high relief double eagle unciruclated gold coin

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Jan 21, 2009.

1. BNB Analytics

BNB Analytics New Member

Ok I thought she had access to an inside source or something lol..

Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

OH! She has that too! :whistle:

4. BNB Analytics

BNB Analytics New Member

Ok thank you, I bet she does!

5. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

UHR double eagle pass 100K. the latest is 100,704 pc. what is next? 120,000. two more months ending 2009. i think anniversary or exact one year offer might be around 125,000 to 130,000 range. and hopefully the mint will end it.

6. krispy

krispy krispy

I think next will be 100,705 :D

I hope there will be a 2010 UHR Gold and Palladium set available, sometime late in the year preferably. I would also prefer to be able to buy the coins separately and 'fill' the box from Mint they are sold with, but that will likely not happen and we'd have to fork over close to $2000 for the set by then.

7. BNB Analytics

BNB Analytics New Member

Wow.. 100,000 UHR Double eagles were made so far?

Ah jeez, I'm thinking about selling mine then.. I mean, how good of a long term play can this be?

It's not like mintages are limited on this one.

8. elaine 1970

can the 2009w american buffalo one ounce 24k gold proof surpass the sales of UHR double eagle $20.00 24k gold uncirculated coin?. currently UHR sales is 100,704.

9. elaine 1970

8-8-8 prosperity set now worth between $2,650.00 to $2,850.00. original cost is $1,097.00. then it went down to $1,047.00 due to gold down one bracket.

but UHR double eagle still have it from the mint at $1,439.00. original cost $1,189.00. then it went down to $1,139.00 due to gold down one bracket.

10. elaine 1970

UHR double eagle - 101,266

11. elaine 1970

uhr double eagle final - 115,178

12. Buffalo Stacker

Buffalo Stacker Junior Member

13. Cringely

Cringely Active Member

I would never have guessed that a $20 UHR would sell in that quantity, especially with the surcharge over melt.
    But then again, some of the gold $5 coins had sales 2x that of the UHR

If we assume a $300 surcharge, that translates to a gross profit of $30,000,000. I will assume that Moy will crow about that.

14. Pepperoni

Pepperoni Senior Member

Horizon

With 2010 not showing any exciting gold buys, the 2009 UHR may find takers in the secondary market by mid year.

Pep

15. krispy

krispy krispy

Not sure if 2010 will be all that significant but I have been posting the praise of this coin to the contrary views that this is just a bullion coin of one year issue. I foresee this coin will be slow to emerge as a sought after piece by collectors and the high mintage will be of no significance in determining numismatic premium. Anyone recently or currently snubbing these coins or sending them to melt will likely wish otherwise in a few years. IMO

16. Argento

Argento Perplexed

I'd agree with this sentiment. Demand will eventually outpace the mintage since this was a one-time deal.

As has been said in this thread over and over, this coin is remarkable in every way, shape and form. More people will realize this and come to want one for themselves so, as you see, the demand for this coin will continue to grow but mintage will stay the same.

17. krispy

krispy krispy

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Interesting read Chris. The article should make anyone who purchased these feel much better in regard to the taunts that the issue is just another bullion coin.
    I will point out that the author is incorrect in his statement that the original price of the coin from the mint was $1089......$1189 was the original selling price.

19. krispy

krispy krispy

You hit the nail on the head about those who snubbed this coin as mere bullion... that's part of my reason for sharing this article, even IF this is just a trend as is common amongst dealers and collectors of this hobby. Next year this time this could be a bullion coin, or five years from now... but I truly don't think this will be the case. I think the UHR is a very special coin, maybe eventually even more special because it's 2009, one year of issue only (so far) and of only one variety, no fractionals and whatnot, unlike the now highly priced and sought after 2006w-2008w buffalo coins, the UHR may outshine all the current hot trends amongst collectors in time. Lastly 2009 might be a really hot year for collectibles for the future despite high mintages of most coins. A very pivotal year perhaps.

And... Good eye Ken! You should shoot the author an email, I think the folks at MintNewsBlog.com encourage reader feedback and corrections openly

20. elaine 1970

21. krispy

krispy krispy

Draft saved Draft deleted