2009 ultra high relief double eagle unciruclated gold coin

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Jan 21, 2009.

1. hfd12316

hfd12316 Senior Member

Finally had the opportunity at 1:30 and I think the price is OK. Order placed 1:31 pm 2/6 shipping date for the coin and the book. I'm happy!? Never thought I'd spend this much on ONE coin. My own little economic stimulus lol!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

u can say that again i never thought i would be buying only one of these

4. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

bought two and cancel one. but ask few relatives to buy for their own keeping. it is memorable. but it look like not a real coin. it is too thick. i bought it because the gold is up today.

5. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Didn't buy any, tried, gave up. Bought a 1909-S and a 1911-D to assuage my tears. Originality and experience over youth and inexperience.

6. elaine 1970

well, i cancel it again. so many sellers at e-bay. the price keep going down. look like a bullion coin in deed. mintage around 35,000 plus. too many. and it will continue to build up. no time limit and mintage limit. the only hopeful is for gold to continue climb high. or else....

7. taz

taz devilish for coins

Actually, that was the plan... while I was waiting to see if the gold price would change and if the price dropped significantly, I would risk going to the back of the line...

From what happened to the gold price on Friday.. I am starting to think this was the 'low' price!

8. taz

taz devilish for coins

That explains why when I called no one was available!! They were all ordering for themselves!!! ;)

9. taz

taz devilish for coins

Interesting question... If so, I would prefer that... but I imagine if there were to be a proof, they would have announced it earlier... well, I hope they would... :/

10. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I am glad you guys like this modern garbage, I am sticking to the originals.

11. BigsWick

BigsWick Rat Powered

12. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The mint is definitely discontinuing the fractional Buffs, the rest, who knows? What with the economy going down with the Tidy Bowl man the mint may decide there is no viable market for all those extraneous things.

13. BigsWick

BigsWick Rat Powered

Man, you are hard on the new stuff , but yeah, I like the older ones better too. :thumb:

14. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Yeah, your avatar gives that away huh?

15. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

3 expected to ship 2-6...............:whistle:

16. Pepperoni

Pepperoni Senior Member

The mint probably does not agree.

A shortage of supplies ( gold ) to make coins is of concern to collectors, and those who want a stash. Trading green backs for gold is not a direction that makes the Fed happy right now.Australia , S/Africa , China & the USA were the four top producers. S/A will mine fewer ounces in 2009 then 2008. They have dropped from #1 for the fist time in thirty years. Strikes, compliance upgrades and energy are serious problems. Coal mining is also difficult without the money to buy energy. Investors will not invest in mines that are out of compliance with the Govt of S/A .
    It looks like other countries are having problems with making up the difference or demand is very strong. Possibly to strong for currencies to stay where they are today. Slowing down gold purchases will send people to silver and certified diamonds. Other commodities look like they have had the stuffing kicked out of them.

17. elaine 1970

gold stay above $1,000.00 for weeks. be sure to buy uhr double eagle and prosperity set. or else it will cost you more than $1,300.00.

18. elaine 1970

right now too many sellers at e-bay and very very few buyers. the price is around $1,300.00.

it look like the ultra high relief double eagle is not flying high. maybe it is because economy problem, high mintage, and the mint offer unlimited pieces and continue to sell possibly to every collector.

19. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I would be iffy on ordering something that there is no assurance will be delivered in the first place. They state on the website that there are projected ship dates out 6-9 months. The way the financial mess is melting the economic situation into oblivion, I don't forecast the government even letting gold slip out of it's clutches in 6-9 months.

20. Pepperoni

Pepperoni Senior Member

Sell until a lower limit is reached.

With no limit , it goes both ways. When requests reach a lower point, they can just stop because of no requests for product.One per household keeps speculators and dealers from loading up . This is another way of limiting the sale of gold to the public.

21. elaine 1970

the only way for double eagle to move up is for gold heading toward higher and higher. like average at over $900.00. then the set will add another $100.00 to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted