2009 ultra high relief double eagle unciruclated gold coin

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Jan 21, 2009.

1. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Taz, doesn't matter if the price of gold drops before you get you coin..... if you placed the order, your price is locked from the day you bought it. Assuming that your coin hasn't shipped, I guess you could always go back and forth and cancel your order if the price drops and reorder again. Did that with the FS coins. The only downfall with that is that it will then put you at the back of the line.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

There it is gang....."The 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle Gold Coin will be produced and orders fulfilled, subject to gold blank availability." As quoted from the mints website. If the gold blank availability disappears then no more coins. Food for thought.

4. Julien

Julien Member

Are there any plans to strike a proof version?

5. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

Would really like to. But Dang, yesterday my furnace broke down and 1100 bucks later means I have to wait. But I wont be cold.

6. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

you can even order one piece again. it will take it. but who knows. it might be cancel it later on.

7. elaine 1970

it seem the order for double eagle is not strong enough. by 1:00 pm it is very easy to get in and order. unlike the first three spouses. i think it will be around 6,000 - 10,000 pcs. only. let's see.

8. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

The ABG's did the same thing when they were released. Total mintages for each denomination were less than 20,000 each for both proof and unc.

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Not quite, it just means that you will have to wait up to 6 to 9 months for delivery.

10. elaine 1970

i think the interest in buying ultra double eagle is diminished. mainly due to stock market not performing well. and the economy is in bad shape. people just don't have enough money to buy. some even need to save some money. although they like it very much. it just can't happened. sorry folks. that is the real thing happen right now.

11. drb

drb Member

my order now says in stock and reserved and the book 2-7

12. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

mine is still on hold although it does say in stock and reserved

13. bullionboy

bullionboy New Member

Are these safe to store in the box they come in long term?

14. elaine 1970

hopefully it will toned into a beautiful rainbow colors. in reality. who knows.

15. elaine 1970

gold headed toward $900.00 again. if it pass $900.00. then the cost of ultra will be up $100.00 to $1,289.00. hopefully it will break the $1,000.00 again this time. i waited too long for that. most analyst predicted it will jump to $1,200.00 to $1,500.00.

16. kiyardo

kiyardo Senior Member

I just called customer service and talked to a guy who himself ordered one and he said that by 5:25 ET there were over 24,000 orders.

17. elaine 1970

gold passed $900.00 to $903.00 plus.

18. Julien

Julien Member

It is 100% pure Au which doesn't react so how will it tone?

19. elaine 1970

it will tone. unlike silver more often. losing brilliant is also called tone.

20. kneil3

kneil3 Senior Member

I just went on and the check out said back ordered.

21. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

2009 (uhr)

The u.s. mint will be selling these(all year in 2009)limit of 1 coin per house hold so if you dont have the $ now you can purchase the coin (uhr)later in the year i wont know the total mintage until the end of 2009 2009Double eagle may cost less later ?Under the new method, the Mint will review metal prices on a weekly basis and reprice gold and platinum coins at 10 a.m. EST each Thursday when necessary. Prices will be based on a five-day average of the a.m. and p.m. prices fixes for the metals on the London market for the preceding Thursday to Wednesday period.

Draft saved Draft deleted