2009 pf ase

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by tmoneyeagles, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

see I didn't even know they have been minted yet

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. raider34

raider34 Active Member

The 2009 Proof and Uncirculated ASE (with the W mm) haven't been sold yet. Heres from the Mint's website :production of United States Mint American Eagle Silver Proof and Uncirculated Coins has been temporarily suspended because of unprecedented demand for American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins. Currently, all available silver bullion blanks are being allocated to the American Eagle Silver Bullion Coin Program, as the United States Mint is required by Public Law 99-61 to produce these coins “in quantities sufficient to meet public demand . . . .”
    Who knows if, or how many proofs and uncirculated ones they have made.

4. jgreenhood

jgreenhood Senior Member

I thought the W is proof only. But I was just talking about the Unc ones.

5. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Nope the mint makes Proof ASE -they of course have the W mint mark, and they make Uncirculated ASE with the W mm. Right now the only 2009 ASE out are the regular bullion ones without a mm.

6. tmoneyeagles

I own a 2009 no mm one... I'm awaiting the arrival of the 2009 w proof

7. raider34

raider34 Active Member

LOL join the club :mad:

8. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

In 2006 the us mint changed what was meant as "uncirculated". Originally, since 1986, there were ASE proofs and ASE "bullion" aka "uncs". The proofs were minted for a time in San Fran, then Philly, now at West Point. Correct me if I am wrong, the bullion ones have always been minted at West Point - just no "W". Ever wonder why you see the (W) like this in the Red Book? Well, that means that they were minted at West Point but do not display the mintmark. But then in 2006, the mint decided to really confuse everyone. They still made the proofs, but now they added a "true" collectors uncirculated version with the W mint mark to the mix. The mint even released a statement clarifying how they termed each coin. You have the proofs, the uncs, and the bullions. The bullion ones are the ones that have been released this year (2009) and have to by law. This is why they are delaying the production and release of the proofs and uncs until substantial quantities of the silver planchets can be obtained. Hope this makes sense.

9. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Exactly!! and a little off topic but Jaceravone what coin is that in your sig it looks awsome.

10. tmoneyeagles

yeah! I'm club member 145,986

11. Argento

Argento Perplexed

Do what you want, T-Money. If you enjoy speculating, you should probably continue doing so for just that reason.

I for one am way excited about proof ASE's if and when they finally come out. I have my normal subscription in place but I may pick up another batch or two, depending.

12. jgreenhood

jgreenhood Senior Member

The proofs are always so expensive. It seems that the interest in the proofs has declining. Although this thought is based on the fact that we are always buying them but never selling them. LOL.

I'm curious if it may be lack of interest vs the silver market.

13. tmoneyeagles

well not that expensive...
    2008 PROOF ASE @ U.S. Mint was $31.95, I believe
    Now graded proof ASE's are ridiculous.

14. coinbuff

coinbuff Senior Member

raider,
    it's a U.S. 1999 George Washington Death Bicentennial $5 gold.

Mintage of 22,511 Uncirculated and 41,693 Proof

;)

15. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Thanks Coinbuff, Jaceravone sent me a pm with the link to his coin. It's an awsome coin!!

16. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

I can't beleive that the Planchettes are so hard to come by... Something else has to be going on... I want my SAEs.. :)

17. tmoneyeagles

There might not be enough silver...Or gold, to go around.
    I hear, that silver is running low, supply wise, in the world

18. Aslanmia

Aslanmia Active Member

That's all hype, myth, and wishful thinking.

There is nothing that silver is used for that can't be replaced by some other metal. That pretty much goes for any substance on Earth... we're a pretty resourceful species.

When a substance gets too expensive to use, it will be replaced. Remember what happened to platinum last year when it was peaking over $2000 an ounce? They found alternatives, and now it's trading on par with gold...

19. tmoneyeagles

You say metals get replaced. Which didn't really say anything about silver dying out. Silver isn't a renewable resource, it will one day die out. But, will we still be here when it happens

20. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

Where did you hear that??? Anywhere reputable??? Who ever is selling it is always saying its rare... :)

With the POS @ about 13.35 an OZ; I don't think so....

Besides guys like Apmex has tons of Silver on hand in 1s, 10, 100s and even 1000OZ'ers... So does Bullion Direct...

Also the guy that I buy from local almost always has anywhere from 20-50 10 Oz Bars and hundreds of 1 oz rounds...

Theres plenty of Silver to be had...

If there really was a shortage and it caused the POS to shoot up another 5 bucks from where its at now, I think lots of people would start selling off anything thats not dear to them...

I'm waiting for another spike in gold to sell off a bunch of old 10K Gold that I have laying around not doing anything... Then when it dips again, I'll put it toward a Gold 1 Oz Bar or Round to get into gold...

Stuff is fun to play with and addicting....

21. tmoneyeagles

I have gold to sell tooo:)
    Some 14K gold rings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.