2009 Gold Proof Buffs

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by yakpoo, Oct 7, 2009.

1. boxerchip

boxerchip Runnin' Buffalo

I considered selling some silver eagles to pay for a buffalo or two but decided it would be better to keep those and get a buffalo anyways. Please keep us updated if anyone has any ideas about 09 buffs ending or ways to tell when they are, or anything of that nature. hopefully a mintage of under 50k! should sell out in a few months or less. *crosses fingers!*

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

The FS series had a "set in cement" product availability schedule...so I thought! ...until they ended the Jackson Liberty Proof three weeks early! I didn't see that one coming. :crying:

I suspect they make these decisions more on a manufacturing basis than on anything else. I just wish Timothy Geitner would make the process a bit more "transparent".

That's a good question...:thumb:...would you prefer to have a week's notice before a product is discontinued...to get in any final orders...or would you prefer products are discontinued without notice so the folks that get their orders in early are rewarded?

4. boxerchip

Early bird gets the worm! Thats how it should be, otherwise whats the point in early ordering.... if they give you plenty of notice everyone would wait for the notice and then order it if they like the mintage numbers. I like the gamble of it possibly being a bust or a huge rarity. Makes it fun rather than just clear cut :)

5. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

It's certainly fun if you're the one with a chair when the music stops! :whistle:

6. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Just got my copy of the Nov.9 issue of Coin World.
    On page 4 there is an article on the '09 Proof Buffalos.

Its says NO PRODUCTION AFTER DEC 31.........

7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Ah HAH!!! :thumb:

8. Argento

Argento Perplexed

And the mad rush starts...NOW!

9. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

There ya go!!!:hail: Thanks Chief!!!

10. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

I think this post says it all. They will do what they want. They might decide to refund everyone's money and not even mail them - or, they may have 500,000 already minted and sell them through next year. They do as they please, and we will deal with it.

11. boxerchip

Any chance you could Copy paste the whole article or give me your email so I can read the digital copy online :)?

12. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Only thing that this article states that we don't already know is that the Mint "has not disclosed a closing date for ordering the coins. Production can run no later than 12-31"............word for word.....:bow::bow::bow:

Don't ya just love the Mint.....its the best love/hate around....:whistle:

13. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

14. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Oh yeah the mint rocks! LOL! One of these days they will do something right :)
    I think it is great to all those who got them, hopefully the mintage will be low.

Draft saved Draft deleted