2009 Gold Proof Buffs

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by yakpoo, Oct 7, 2009.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

Wow! we all concur!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

I have never been burned on a gold coin I bought. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting pretty good on every piece. I guess if it burns me for $50, it will be the first time. But then again, I'm not ordering by the dozen like some of you. If I were ordering several of them, then I would have waited too.
    Who knows, maybe they will drop the price before they ship 2 weeks from now. Right now it says on hold, backordered, and I had to have one of the lowest order numbers.
    I guess we'll wait and see.

4. Argento

Argento Perplexed

I'll eat crow if that happens.

5. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

it did happened to me. and i just can't cancel it. too late. the mint is very clever now. they watches us. specially CT.

6. krispy

krispy krispy

At least we are stimulating the economy keeping some Mint marketer or staffer employed to monitor our discussions on their order process, repricing, delivery, and related issues... oh, yeah and we dump a bunch of money into their product that helps things along too. :hail:

7. silvermex

silvermex Junior Member

a 08 w age sold for 1450 on ebay, mintage on that was 12k? this coin with more mintage being sold for 1360 is the premium limited down the line for this coin?

8. Argento

Argento Perplexed

<---------- chews on some crow

Cancel box = gone!

9. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Sorry dude! However it works out, you will be happy here in a few days when that beauty arrives.....who knows, maybe you will be one who has the last laugh when they all sell out and stragglers like myself are out of luck. :thumb:

10. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I suppose some folks may try to return their coins for a refund and reorder later on...if prices drop next week. May be more hassle than it's worth.

11. Argento

Argento Perplexed

Well, on the bright side, my $100 is a tiny chip away at our horrific budget deficit. Only one billion $100 bills to go!

12. JJK78

JJK78 Member

your cancel boxes may be gone, but you can always take advantage of the mint's 7 day return policy:p More cost/hassel for you, but more of a burn on the mint i think:D

13. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

Cancel and return will be the main topic on next two weeks.

14. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Here is something to consider.....shipping that coin back will be on your dime, not on the mints. If anyone finds a way around this, please let me know. I guess you could ship your coin back priority mail for $4.95, but what about insurance? Insurance for $1300 will cost you an additional fee of $14.70 then if you want to add delivery confirmation then add another 0.70 cents. In all you will end up spending about $20 to ship back, plus add the $5 that you spent to have the coin shipped to you in the first place. So for $25 that you may end up saving overall, is this really worth all the headache???

15. BNB Analytics

BNB Analytics New Member

Let me put something in perspective:

Follow closely all our 09 Proof Buff chatter.

-Returning it
    -Wait till it gets lower
    -Etc etc.

Tell me one reason why this item may not sell out?

Also, this is the same chatter we hear with the other gold buffs like the 08w and look what happened.

All I'm saying guys is, don't worry about a $100 price much. Gold may drop, it may not. Apparently smart money says it will. So, you take a risk here of waiting. You may get the coin at a better price or you may not get the coin at all, think about it.

16. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I just bought the 2001 P/D Silver Buffalo set. I like these coins better than the Gold Buffaloes because the fields are smooth and (imo) have much better eye appeal. I'm not saying I won't buy the GPB...but I'm in no hurry and won't loose any sleep if I miss out.

17. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I don't like the phrase "sell out" when talking about a mint product that has no product limits. At some point in time, everything becomes sold out whether there is a limit or not.

I think the more appropriate question is not "when will the coin sell out", but rather "when will the mint stop producing it" or maybe even "when will the mint stop taking orders". That is really the question for this item. I have been following this coin just as closely as the rest of you and I have not seen or read anywhere of when the mint will end the sales of this coin. I suspect they will take orders as they come in up until Dec 31st, then sell whatever is left in their stock going into 2010. Once all that is sold, then it will be declared "sold out".

Thoughts?

18. boxerchip

boxerchip Runnin' Buffalo

I think its the US mint... aka they will do what ever the hell they please. They could stop taking orders for the coin tomorrow or sell them well into 2010. I think your idea sounds quite plausible and makes a lot of sense, how ever, it is the us mint... could sell them all though 2010 or could stop really soon.

19. rsdakd

rsdakd WholeSale dealer

Next week the price will go down. Buy then. Production should run until end of year.

20. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I check this item numerous times daily also......

With everyones interest we can all work together and watch for signs of a sell out. With that being said.....what are signs of a sell out ???

I know last years signal was when the first fractional sold out.....
    it was like a domino effect......GONE WITH THE WIND !!!!

If I hear or read anything I'll come to this thread first...:thumb:

Chief

21. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Your guess is as good as mine Chief. I wish I knew what the signs were, but unfortunately I don't think there are any. Boxerchip is right.......its whatever the mint wants to do and when they want to do it.

Prior to the 2008 herd coming out, I had made preparations to save up the money and sell a bunch of my coins to buy them when they first came out. So I guess, I was one of the lucky ones.....but also, that was before the mint enacted their new pricing policy. Now I am much more apt to keep on eye on factors that would/could influence the price of gold and therefore influence the price of the coins.

Irregardless of what gold does or doesn't do, I will be buying one of these by the end of the year. I am currently in the process of listing many coins on ebay. Who knows.....maybe if my my sales are high enough, I won't wait and I will just buy when I get the money. :thumb:

Draft saved Draft deleted