2009 Gold Proof Buffs

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by yakpoo, Oct 7, 2009.

1. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I'm not sure I understand the question.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

krispy like first strike, first day of issue, first designation, first, everything first. right krispy?. i am still waiting my first lunch from you.

4. krispy

krispy krispy

First Strike designation for First Spouse coins. FS FS

5. krispy

krispy krispy

elaine you are too funny and you came first, as usual

6. Robert 29

Robert 29 Senior Member

WELL I did it, just got (1) on order#3329XXXX Now am I locked in at $1360. or will it fluctuate with the bullion price until mailing time!! At least I qualify for the phony "First Strike" designation should I decide to get it graded!! Gold price at 9:45 AM today is at $1043.50, what a dillema!! Oil at $80.45 Some say Gold would have to reach the
    $7000. range to equal the $870. price hit back in the '70's (sounds high to me!)

7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Actually, I just sent in my first batch of coins for grading...with Joe's help. My understanding is that you have to submit coins in unopened US Mint boxes to get FS designation...I always open my boxes.

To me, FS designation indicates a coin was one of the first struck with a new die...suggesting a coin with the strongest detail. PF69-FS almost seems like an oxymoron...given that there are PF70s that aren't FS coins.

EDIT: Oh, I get it...it went over my head for a moment...FSFS...HAHA!

8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

My quanity kept getting kicked out for the first 10 minutes. Finally got in about 12:15. About 4000 sold in first 50 minutes.....not bad for the price.

Of that 4000 be sure to subtract the 99 that Elaine is gonna cancel...:eek:

9. Amused To Death

Amused To Death Junior Member

Is there a time limit on getting the coins graded? Or is it enough to have a sales receipt marked with today's date?

10. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

I'm in too for now. Might cancel???

332966XX

Still pondering the price . . .

11. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

4000 coins X $50 = $200,000

I wonder if the Mint put in a gold order at the last minute just to push prices up enough to keep the higher bracket for another week...to cover the new release...pretty smart if they did!

12. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Well I went ahead and ordered 2 figuring even if the mint drops the price they will either cancel the order or give it at the new correct price right? Since they don't charge it til they ship it which is not for 2 more weeks?

Don't know if anyone else read this article but it makes many valid points about how gold went down this week but possible boom on Friday?
    http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=8134

Anyway I'm happy I've got 2 on the way which will be immediately shipped to NGC for grading... along with my 1 prooflike and 1 now no longer Prooflike UHR's :headbang: I'll ***** about that later, gotta go back to work now...

13. Argento

Argento Perplexed

I've had my PCGS First Strike orders waiting for about two weeks now so I can just slip the coins into flips and away they go!

The glory of grading gimmicks and the sweet, sweet premiums that go with them.

14. BNB Analytics

BNB Analytics New Member

Just ordered 2.

This, a 50 oz silver bar by englehard, and a nice 37-d 3 legger is my xmas present for myself.

15. boxerchip

boxerchip Runnin' Buffalo

Where is anyone getting this number of 4,000 sold?

16. krispy

krispy krispy

Every other day seems like Christmas for you BNB! [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Using my order #s thats how many orders were placed from 12:00 until apx.1:00. I know that all those orders weren't for the Buffalos but I bet 90%+ were. Everything else the Mint offers has been up for days no need to order today.

What gets me are the presales, some ending tomorrow NGCPR70........... 4 bids already at $1850 with 28 hrs left........:eek:

Wonder what the PCGS PR70DCAM FIRST STRIKE will bring.......:hail:

18. boxerchip

boxerchip Runnin' Buffalo

If the price drops ill snag another first strike to send to PCGS so I can have one of each company.

19. Argento

Argento Perplexed

The way I saw it, I locked in my order with the option to back out if gold drops. If gold zooms for some odd reason, I am locked in at my price. Win-win.

20. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Once they remove that "delete" box from your order you are locked in and if you ordered today and earlier enough, that box could be removed quicker than you are expecting. I hope that it works out for everyone and nobody looses money, but I just have this weird feeling that gold will drop before the end of the year. I will definitely be buying by years end, but will wait a bit more and see what will happen.

I am always one of the first people to buy....now I am going to be like Krispy and wait. :whistle:

21. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

Draft saved Draft deleted