2009 Gold Buffalo - Bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by jaceravone, Oct 19, 2009.

1. evilxsharky

evilxsharky Junior Member

You guys think the AGB's will be in high demand to order right when it comes out?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

Maybe for those who try to get grading designations like 'first strike' otherwise the only thing to watch for is how the US Mint Coin Pricing Grid affects the cost of the coin. Likely gold will continue to rise through the end of the year and the Mint may make occassional price increases, so buying early (within the first week) may be the lowest the AGB will sell for. Check out how the Grid works on the Mint website here. It is a PDF document chart that explains which precious metals coins are affected by the rise and fall of market metals prices. Hope this helps some.

4. Poindexter

Poindexter Junior Member

I had all the same advise you just stated. Man we coin people do think alike.

5. krispy

krispy krispy

6. Khef

Khef Newbie to casual

I do not intend to get this coin graded. I want this to be part of a package of proofs for my son.
    As Krispy and Pointdexter stated in this thread and people in other threads, this may be the least expensive chance to pick one up in the first couple of days. It's not a big deal to me if the price floats ten bucks either way. It seems some have gold fever like last years oil futures fear and only sensible to pick up when first available.
    Again, I don't know anything and guess you could buy the proofs until late December. I am guessing the dollar hysteria won't subside by then and gold may only go up.

7. krispy

krispy krispy

People with gold fever should be buying bullion for the lowest possible price over spot and not collector coins with Mint premiums.
    Do look at the US Mint Coin Pricing Grid, the coins don't fluctuate $10, but rather up/down $50, according to price tiers. Just wanted to point that out in case that amount matters to you in your decision making. I think you are doing a great thing building a proof collection for your child later on and since it's for down the road the quality proof coin is worth the premium and it's not that much of a loss (to me) to pay the Mint premium now. Hopefully time will help numismatic value go beyond what you pay for the coin. The AGB is a really beautiful gleaming coin and design, if you don't already have one example, do try to get at least one.

8. Khef

Khef Newbie to casual

Yes, I am on a boring conf. call and Yes, I typo'd. It is fifty not ten. That number should be drilled in my head as I waffled on an UHR for his stash only to see the price go up week after week.

9. krispy

krispy krispy

LOL! Sorry you were stuck on a conf call on a friday, glad you can still enjoy CT though.

10. mkwelbornjr

mkwelbornjr Junior Member

11. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

wait for next week better price at $50.00 reduce. london average a.m. price today is only $1,034.00 per ounce.

12. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Elaine, I don't think the bullion Buffs have anything to do with the London Fix average. Those are based on the current spot of price of gold plus a small premium....according to the mint.

Also, Modern Coin Mart does have some of the better prices for the AGB. I have been using them for several years now and have had great results.

Draft saved Draft deleted