2009 ASE Proofs & W's Announcement

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by JohnGalt, Mar 6, 2009.

1. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Member

I haven't seen it posted here yet, so I'll call attention to an announcemnt on the Mint website. It appears at the bottom of the product schedule page and states that production of the above has been temporarily suspended in order to meet the unprecedented demand for (bullion) ASE's, and shall await an adequate supply of silver blanks. Since many folks have been agonizing about the release of the proofs and W's, I would have expected this to create quite a buzz here. Is this the first day of this announcement?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. taz

taz devilish for coins

Thanks...

I was at the Mint site over the weekend searching for information on Proof ASEs... There was nothing, not even images under the 'American Eagles' section.

I had expected them to be out long ago...

Surprised it has taken this long to get any info from them... :(

4. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

As neither of these coins are "bullion", you might also post this over in the general coin collecting forum. it might get more attention there.

5. detltu

detltu Junior Member

There is a thread in us coins about ASE proof and uncs where I posted the information yesterday. Nobody seems to have any comments about it.

6. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Hopefully, this will produce an extremely low mintage 2009 ASE W before they run out of blanks again and take it off sale.

One can only hope.

Draft saved Draft deleted