2008 Ase

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by StartingOut, Dec 3, 2007.

1. StartingOut

StartingOut Member

I just got my notification from the Mint that my proof ASE's will be mailed in about 3 weeks. Hmm.. kind of early?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. taz

taz devilish for coins

I thought the same thing... Say will process in 3 weeks, but that is still Dec 2007... cool! if true...

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

They won't be mailed, they will merely process your order. They won't actually ship them until Jan. 2nd.

5. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

2008 Proof Silver Eagles? I looked on the mints website and didn't see them. Do you have a link for ordering them?

6. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

Jan 3rd? they cant even ship the products from 2007 on time, and they minting 2008's to be shipped on the 3rd. I do hope thats not true, and they dont get delivered until mid febuary. I got orders at the mint i might never get as it is :(

7. GDJMSP

They always start production of the next years coins in Dec. This is not unusual.

8. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

I know the bullion Uncs are available in January, but thought proofs came mid year? We are talking about proofs??? I didn't see them mentioned on the mints website.

9. GDJMSP

If I remember correctly the Proof ASE is one of the first coins made available. But I haven't bought any in so long I wouldn't swear to it.

10. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

ase proof

2008 american eagle silver uncirculated (w) dollars might up again its prices from $21.95 to $23.95 - $25.95. the proof eagle might stay at $29.95.

this is my 1,000 post so far. maybe i should retired.

11. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

:thumb: :D

Ok, i realized how it might look, so i will edit so no confusion!! the thumbs up is for your 100ths post!!

12. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Yes, retirement is calling.
    There is a whole world off line that is worth living and experiencing.
    Save the computer for your old age and your twilight years when you become a disgruntled bitter old woman.

The computer can be turned off..at times....it's ok.

13. NICK66

NICK66 Coin Hoarder

I don't buy the proofs any more due to the " milk spotting" issue.

14. alhas

alhas Senior Member

2007 ASE Proofs were available for sale on March 27, 2007. The 2007 ASE W Uncirculated became available for sale on June 13. Here is the availability date schedule for 2007:
    http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProdschedView?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001

If 2008 ASE Proof become available early in January 2008, as discussed in this thread, the sale of 2007 ASE Proof will be "suspended" soon (much earlier than prior years)! So hurry if you want some...:D

15. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

2008 eagle proof

i think you just ordered 2007 proof instead of 2008.

16. StartingOut

StartingOut Member

Elaine - I have a subscription for the proofs. These are what I've been notified will be mailed in three weeks. I don't believe they're available for sale yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted