2007 Reverse Proof Platinum Eagle Images

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Aberlight, Dec 5, 2007.

1. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

Can not help but wonder how many people who have ordered these sets will cancel them in the next few days if they do not sell out. I have read some post in other forum from people who have stated they would order the sets and think about it a day or so. Really not a bad way to do it. Worse case you get the sets that you may or may not want (or should I say may not want to pay for) and still have 30 days to send them back. So many ways to collect.:smile

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. drb

drb Member

In Coin World magazine that i received today, on page 20. the ad at the bottom of the page is offering a premium for the sealed box anniversary platinum set, but you have to call them to find out how much. I just thought that was intersting and wanted to pass it along. I have always wanted a platinum coin, I did order it for my collection as I felt this would be the one. Sure is a lot of money though and I hope is as nice as I believe it will be. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

4. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

If it wasn't the mint, then it has to be... the Congress ! :headbang:

Insane madness from the Congress ? No way ! Say it ain't so ! :D

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Hard to imagine I know, but if you ever met any of those guys - it becomes easier to understand :D

6. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

platinum at $1,480.00 today

platinum traded right now at $1,480.00. let's based it and calculate the anniversary platinum set.

1,480.00 x 1.05 (5% other cost) x 1.2 (20% mark up) + 40.00 (premium on proof) + 20.00 (box) = $1,924.80.

but the mint is based of $1,500.00.

1,500.00 x 1.05 x1.2 + 40.00 + 20.00 = $1,950.00.

7. AUBU2

AUBU2 Senior Member

I also purchased the set. But i wonder how much platinum will drop if autos switch to fuel cells in the future? I assume the fuel cell powered vehicles would'nt require catalytic converters(which platinum is used). Also electric cars may lower the platinum use. Granted, this is'nt in the near future but is a good provability. Regardless of the metal price though, i think the reverse proof value should hold up well(As the reverse proofs of silver & gold have). The 10th anniversary labeled regular proof in PF70, may carry a premium as well. Just some thoughts.

8. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

oil bubbles

oil predicted to drop from $90.00 to $70.00 per barrel. i wonder platinum and gold will drop too.

9. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

Oil is in US dollars. As interest rates fall the value of the Dollar falls increasing price of oil for us since we are buying in US dollars, gets cheaper abroad. When the fed lowers fed funds from 4.25 to 3.5 as expected over the next year the dollar will likely fall as the world market looks for alternative debt to invests in pushing oil up based on the US dollar value, gold goes up.

Lower rates = less foreign demand for USD = Higher price of oil = inflation = gold prices increase.

Core CPI YOY was announced today and higher fuel cost have started to affect cost of goods, known as inflation.

Platinum is industrial and trades based on (world) economic growth unlike gold which adheres to years old tradition of inflation hedge.

In short Gold and Platinum don't always trade in relation to each other.

Gold may go higher, may not, but economies are cyclical and some day despite gold going up it will come down. 2 years, 5 years, 10 years...I don't know. Many people that bought gold in the early 80's with the doom and gloom scenario of the day are now just breaking even dollar for dollar. Factor in inflation they are behind. People that buy today may do well in a year or two, or they may need to hold in for 20 more years. Gold doesn't pay dividends. Its a hedge, an instrument to offset in a counterbalance to another security.

Before anyone tries jumping on me please not I am talking about raw gold bullion and not ultra rare gold coins.

10. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

Good grief! What are you going to sell for the next expensive mint item?

11. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

Where did you find that out?

12. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

Left cornea.... If the mint ever does a fractional gold Buffalo set its worth a lung.

13. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

I heard from elaine 1970 that gold will continue to rise to $1,000 per ounce.

14. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

I should have swallowed my coke before I read your last post. Now I've sprayed it all over my computer monitor.
    I'd love to see the fractional buffaloes, but I guess it's not going to happen this year, and that's a good thing for my budget. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

x

16. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

17. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

if elaine knew the future price of gold we wouldnt find them here :) take it with a pinch of salt no one knows the future but people are free to speculate

18. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

19. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Contact marks :eek::eek::eek: I would hope they all stay in the air-tites or slabs preventing anything from damaging the surface. I have not held one in my hands but man would I like to own one!!! Obviously I think it's a beautiful coin...

20. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

When the collector proof coins come off the presses do the coins roll, rub together, or even fall into a hopper that could create contact marks or are they individually pressed and hand removed?

21. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

No.

Won't swear that they are removed by hand, but they are removed 1 at a time.

Draft saved Draft deleted