1st American Reserve

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SilverBlue, May 3, 2011.

1. SilverBlue

SilverBlue New Member

Has anyone ever dealt with 1st American Reserve? I have a couple of mags with some deals in them for the 1oz Silver Grizzly coin for $40.00 per coin. I have yet to get my hands on one of these as they are a beautiful coin and I would love to have one. I'm a bit paranoid of ordering from eBAY, and APMEX is out right now, so I run into this by 1st American Reserve.

I have read some reviews on here and other websites, and here is what I gathered:

-They like to call and try to force you into buying more and spending above your means.
    -They love to take advantage of the elderly, and ive read the website about 1AR scamming them.
    -They will spam your email and give you plenty of phone calls
    -Also read a couple reports of not getting the coins(and/or still waiting and just didn't update)

The magazine claims the 1st American Reserve to be the official rare coin & bullion dealer of the NRA and BBB approved. They seem legit and I don't mind putting up with phone calls(I have to change my number soon anyways do to an ex) and such.

So are these guys the real deal? If i order a coin, will I get the coin rather than throwing money down the drain? There was a thread about 1st American Reserve and their sister companies on here about a month ago, but I figured it was best to start my own thread rather than bumping an old. The majority of the posts was people waiting to see if they will get the coin and a couple people said they have.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me on these guys and help me out. I'm still new at all of this and probably easy scammed, so better safe than sorry. I did however make my first purchase with Scottsdale Silver, and i'm very pleased. I'll get some pics of my very small collection thus far tomorrow and will post the magazine offers for others on here to enjoy in return for helping me tomorrow. Any info is much appreciated.

:hail:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Palladium

Palladium New Member

Never heard of them.. but I did buy Maples from Apmex when they were on back order for 1.5+ month and they ended up in my porch 1 week later.. still says they are on backorder..

4. dan8802

dan8802 New Member

I have delt with them regarding an ASE for $30.50 deal from a magazine. I ordered 1 coin to my house and 1 to my office. The coins came promptly, in great condition, and I have yet to get any phone calls from them. I have heard on this board that they will occationally solicit phone calls (and 1st American Reserve told me this in their terms and conditions).

Also it may be of interest to know that 1st American Reserve is a "sister company" of Universal Coin and Bullion, along with "1st NATIONAL Reserve.

I have also ordered the grizzly for $40.00. I am waiting for it to arrive.

Oh by the way I have ordered and received a total of 10 coins between all 3 of their sister companies. No problems at all, and no phone calls/ emails... yet. I ordered these about 25 days ago.

5. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

I received my ASEs from them with no problem.

6. DirtyD

DirtyD New Member

I've never bought anything from them, but I did buy two Silver Canadian Grizzlies from Universal Coin and Bullion, which was also for $40 bucks. The Silver Eagle that I bought for 32.50 from UCB came last week and it's gorgeous. If UCB and 1stAR are sister companies, then I'm sure you'll have a good experience with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted