1986-2010 ASE set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by xtronic, Apr 2, 2010.

1. xtronic

xtronic Junior Member

For some reason, I have taken a fancy to the slabbed ASE sets. It seems like a neat set to start. Here is what I was looking at;

http://cgi.ebay.com/1986-2010-NGC-M...iewItemQQptZCoins_Bullion?hash=item45f201fcb5

APMEX has it for $1k so that is $40 a coin at MS69. I am sure I could ebay the collection one at a time but my question is;

How big of a rip off is this for someone starting to look at slabs?

Let the beatings commence!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. boxerchip

boxerchip Runnin' Buffalo

Cant see the point in paying 40$ a coin for ms69. Huge populations of 69 and an imperfect coin thats not really all that desirable. imho buy a PF/PR70 2006 reverse proof ASE for around $350 and throw any other money into rolls of ASE or maples.
    Slabs are better for more rare desirable coins that have the potential to gain lots of value, or are already at that high value. again, all imho... just an oppinion and you know what they say about those.

4. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

Well, the current bid price is $510 and there are 25 coins in that series. So that is about $20 a coin. And the 1996 goes for about $80. So, currently, that looks like a good deal. However, what will the closing bid be???

Draft saved Draft deleted