1956D Roosevelt Dime!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Chopperhead, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Member

People, people, Happy New Year..this is gonna be the game changer! Hey, would y'all do me a favor, give me some feedback on this beauty. Just found it laying around, some discoloration, but in good shape I think, ms64? Check out the words, the yeat, front and back. Please dont tell me tnis is all for naught....noooo...thanks everyone. This dime seems thicker and smaller then similiar coins. His facial features and hair look pretty nice, reverse is possible ddr! Thanks everyone. I cut a few sections put for pics, but seriously, look at the entire penny, front and back. Is this for real?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Fake?I can't belive what I am seeing the grade is a low end details not near ms can you weigh it?

4. potty dollar 1878

its a 1951 D if real it has suffered from circulation issues and worthless doubling.

5. potty dollar 1878

I'm going with damage severe spooning which is why it appears to be smaller still its worth melt value.

6. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

8. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Member

Dude, if it was a 1951, the top of the 1 should look different then the top of a 6. And actually, the more I compare it to the rpm in coin facts, due to the bizaare errors, ie cutting off of most of the lettering, this coin is NOT in bad shape, you can easily see the errors, i spotted it laying in front of me. The detail isnt bad, its just doubled and cut off, check out pcgs, please. My scales arent the greatest but it weighs exactly 2.5 gs. Come on you guys, i want you to be excited for me! I am not even into dimes, i am a penny girl. I believe with the amount of errors and cutting, this may be ms66..it looks as good as pcgs just more errors....i believe.

Attached Files:

9. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Member

That doesnt explain the rpm, the e in one, the u in united....the spoon didny create those matching marks....

10. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Member

So if its a spooned rpm, worthless? Whos the final call, redbook?

Inspector43 likes this.
  11. potty dollar 1878

Not an error just damage and circulation its worth melt value around 2 bucks that is not an rpm it is not ms its a very worn damaged coin.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

MS66 ? No. not on this planet. maybe Fine at best. worth melt value. to much damage. Spooned.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  13. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Member

Bummer, thanks. Next...

14. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Just a damaged coin. It's worth it's weight in silver.

Inspector43 likes this.
  15. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

WoW ! The first 10C spoon job I've seen here . Usually the quarters .
    cropped-letting-go-open-hands.jpg

16. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Just a low grade, badly damaged dime, but love your enthusiasm, keep looking.

Inspector43 likes this.
  17. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Forget the weighing, it's a waste of time. Given the fat edge and flat detail it looks like pocket change that got loose and spent time bouncing around in a clothes dryer.

Oldhoopster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted