$17 silver is just too expensive

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Don’t fret over it. PM’s come and go. Sometimes we are lucky. Sometimes we aren’t. Next time will be better luck for you I’m sure.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

When it goes up that high and that fast, it's a bubble - just like 1980. I tried to get my mom to buy it when it was in the $5-$6 range. She disdidbuy any, but wondered when it was $35 whether she should get some. I told her that that was when she should have sold that $6 silver. She told me it was still going up, and I told her I thought people were waiting for the magic number of $50, but it would drop faster than she could find people that would want to buy it.
    At $42 I had LOTS of buyers, and I was set-up at a show.

4. EdThelorax

EdThelorax Well-Known Member

Exactly, when all the people you try to tell about it don't care, especially those you think would, like coin collectors it's not a bubble. Just like now.
    When you hear about silver from those who dismissed it or especially CNBC, it's a bubble.

TheFinn likes this.
  5. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Gee priv, you sounded proud as a peacock not too long ago about the spike in gold. Isn't gold too expensive for you?

6. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

^It's your thread Gold vs Silver you remember that one don't you? You compared gold to silver and said something to the effect that gold has outperformed silver substantially this year and that gold is looking like the winner again?

But now you are saying that silver is overpriced? But not gold?

Or to put it another way, something that "substantially" underperformed, by your analysis, relative to gold, is now suddendly overpriced relative to gold. How did that happen?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    slackaction1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted