< $15 Silver: Is this something worth waiting on?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by I.L. McDougal, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

According to Reuters, Deutsche Bank has admitted rigging PM prices. DB also admitted to conspiring with other banks to manipulate gold and silver prices. What a shock!!:greedy::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Oh yeah baby... gold pushing $17 in pre market hours. Up 66 cents as I'm typing this !!!
    :D:happy::cat::woot:

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Sell what you can. Historically you know what will happen. (Not to gold but silver.)

5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Since China gov't hording and China/India consumer increases gold/silver has really gone up before getting cool again. With gov't looking at gold, consumers globally, shut down of some mines, market option speculation .. prices fluctuate so much it's hard to look into the crystal ball and see anything but haze.

I even recall when Gold surpassed Platinum valuation, and it's still higher.
    but there certainly seems to be a surge today for some reason. maybe the Grexit is affecting it, or mideast crude.

But so far silver has gained 21% this year.

6. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Sept 2015

I decided to quote you - since you are clearly out of the dog house on this one. :)

7. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Looks like $14.80 was about the low. Now climbed back up to $20+. Next year we could see $25 or at least averaging low $20's for a while.

8. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

14.80? I thought it was under 14 for awhile. wtf?

9. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Maybe it did. There were some days I didn't watch the metal charts. I just remembered a little bit of 14 and then a lot of mid teens playing ping pong.

10. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Well I look like a genius buying $1000 FV at $15.50 but in reality it was an accident. A happy accident, but an accident nonetheless. That is ok, even a blind pig can sometimes find an acorn.

I actually wish the "accident" didn't happen. A former coworker called me up wanting to sell a bunch of old silver. He had throat cancer. I bought them, but would rather he still alive today. :(

11. girldly

girldly Girldly

I recently purchased some silver coins, not junk, so my question is this, will the cost of say a PROOF silver coin go up when silver goes up? Or does that not affect those type of coins....Remember, I am a relatively new collector...so be gentile. Ha ha, Girldly

12. girldly

girldly Girldly

Does anyone know about bills? I recently acquired a 1899 Black Eagle $1.00 silver certificate. The ink is good, two corners not great...any idea on what these things sell for? I got it at an estate sale...don't want to say the cost until I know so I am not embarrassed.

13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

The rule of thumb is, the closer a coins value is to spot the more it is effected by the spot price swings

14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Post it in the paper monet sub forum

15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Yes. It dropped down to the 13 range around new year I believe. $13.50 +/- if I remember right

16. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Next year!? At the pace were going I wouldn't be surprised if we're past $30 by Christmas. Who really knows though

17. girldly

girldly Girldly

Gee, I hope you are correct! Amen to $30.00, lets soar to $ 50.00

18. girldly

girldly Girldly

Meaning, they increase as does the price of silver?

Cascade likes this.
  19. girldly

girldly Girldly

I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT....

20. girldly

girldly Girldly

Thank you. Glad It was inexpensive...they are everywhere....

21. girldly

girldly Girldly

I agree...take a chance. The only universal form of currency....

Draft saved Draft deleted