< $15 Silver: Is this something worth waiting on?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by I.L. McDougal, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Silver's up to $15.73 as I type. Could break $16.00 soon.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Damn. If the dollar stays depressed money could flow into pm's like the birds of Capistrano in spring. If we see silver cross $16 and hold the big money will start to pour in. Can't wait :)

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  4. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Ask price hit a high of 15.98 today for a brief moment.

Cascade likes this.
  5. STU

STU Active Member

been collecting silver since 1964 only time it was worth buying and selling was in the 80s when the hunts tried to corner the market .I did make a nice profit. I have a lot saved now but there is not much profit wish I could have got more gold its easier to store and its worth is a lot higher, silver could make a person sit on it along time and not make much if a person is young then gold would be better for investment and better profit if you have the money just my observation and opinion

6. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

16.08 High for today 3/17/2016

Cascade likes this.
  7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

YES!.. Lets see how it plays out but if we can hold these gains the buyers will start stepping in. Today is a good day for silver :)

8. Brett_in_Sacto

What do you mean - start stepping in?

I'm waist deep, and the water is nice... Spring is in the air!

Garlicus and Cascade like this.
  9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

You're relatively small potatoes brett :p

And I'm only knee deep... Can you spare some?

10. Brett_in_Sacto

I'll sell you some, but at a large premium. It appears I gotta find a way to increase the size of my potatoes and that costs money. :woot:

11. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I was thinking more along the lines of a 2-way redistribution of wealth :hilarious:

12. girldly

girldly Girldly

Thanks for the tease......I am used to it... ha ha

13. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I haven't bought any silver lately, so the price may stay up for a while. Seriously, the price seems to be flirting with $16 lately. I think that will signal the end of the downturn, but I could be wrong...

14. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Silver has dropped some over the past 24hours. At $15.36. I want to get a 10oz bar. Found one online for $.49 over spot. Might be time to pull the trigger. Will see how it does for another day before I do.

Cascade likes this.
  15. Brett_in_Sacto

What I see is that generally towards the end of the month there is a pullback in pricing and I think it has to do with expired contracts easing the put/call ratio. Do your own research to confirm - but this is what I see happening.

Of course it could be on its way back to $12 again, or even $8 to appease all those that speculated it would go that low. :)

Bman33 likes this.
  16. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

Lets go back to 2001.

17. Brett_in_Sacto

If we could turn back time, eh???

Cascade and sgt23 like this.
  18. TheLou17

TheLou17 New Member

Silver is a commodity that tends to be one of the most stable in the markets. It doesn't nearly have the same volatility that you'll see with other precious metals. Personally, I owned small portions of silver ETF's, but it wasn't very fun, since it doesn't have that risk/reward that I was looking for with investment. If anything, I think silver has nowhere to go but up and it is the same with Gold, since they are being utilized more heavily in many industries, especially the healthcare industry. Also, if you're going with minted coins, they not only have that intrinsic value, but the extrinsic historical value will heavily weigh upon them, so if you're just wanted to own precious metals as a means of investment, I would personally stick to bullion or ETF's.

19. MMiller750

MMiller750 Active Member

Is there a place on this forum to sell bars? I have a few bars to sell or trade for coins but I don't know where to get rid of them other then Ebay and with the fees end up with less than spot.

20. Brett_in_Sacto

We hit an ask price of $16.24 this morning, it's pulled back to $16.15 as of this update.

Cascade likes this.
  21. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Just bought a 10oz bar

Cascade and Brett_in_Sacto like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted