< $15 Silver: Is this something worth waiting on?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by I.L. McDougal, Jun 1, 2015.

1. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

What do you mean, he posted the link, it is right here

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. autograf

autograf Member

4. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

just messin' around :)

5. autograf

autograf Member

That was for him, not you......we posted at the same time.....I mean, BU ASE's are all over the place. Who needs a link? $15....not so much.

mikem2000 likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

$15.00 going once, $15.00 going twice. Wait a minute folks, it's $14.59 at the moment. Any buyers?

7. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

Still no linky whats up with that lowest i found was 16.75

8. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Are you offering, or being snarky? Because I'll buy ASE's at that price right now if you are offering. :)

9. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

serafino likes this.
  10. PeacePeople

I already told you there hasn't been a benefit for buying physical when spot was below $15, so far. It will take spot to stay in this range or lower for a few weeks before the premiums drop because inventories are caught up....that's just the way it is, some things will never change....(Don Henley voice, at least I think that's who sang that)

11. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Average down...as mining facilities are taken off-line, prices should stabilize.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  12. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. I know it will go up, and I'm able to hold until it does. I'm a continual buy and hold-er. I leveraged well through 2010 and started accumulating again. Just play the game patiently

13. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

14. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

15. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I've been paying a premium for First Spouse gold directly from the U.S. Mint.

By next year, I'll have two (2) complete sets of MS70/PF70 First Spouse gold coins. Could I have bought more/better gold with the same money? Sure...but I don't care.

Whenever I can buy low mintage, U.S. numismatic pure gold coins for 25% over spot, I don't see a problem. It's a good long-term investment (imho).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  16. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

With silver down where it's at now, do you believe $18.30 for a Silver Eagle and $16.65 for a generic silver round is a reasonable markup and a good price in the marketplace at this time?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  17. PeacePeople

Fair for who? The dealers believe it's more than fair, as there is a bit of a supply crunch at the moment. Customers, many of them, don't believe it's reasonable. With that stated, it's still selling, obviously, or we wouldn't have a supply crunch at the moment. I'm guessing the premiums will come down once supply catches up, provided spot stays this low or a bit lower. If it really tanks, down to $12 or less, you'll see premiums rise before you'll see them fall. You only need to go back to 08 to see that....

-jeffB likes this.
  18. Pere

Pere Active Member

Bruce Hornsby ;)

19. Pere

Pere Active Member

Bruce Hornsby ;)

20. PeacePeople

Thanks...I knew it was somebody...

21. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

I agree, if silver hits $10. sellers will want $15.

Draft saved Draft deleted