$1300. gold price?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, May 29, 2009.

?

What month will gold go to $1300?

Poll closed Jun 1, 2009.
  1. June?

14.3%
  2. July

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. August

28.6%
  4. Never

57.1%
  1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

Well, it looks like $1000. is a given for the gold price does anyone think it will make it to $1300.? if so what are your guesses as to what month this will happen? Or do you think we well crash and burn! Rarely in history have investors needed nothing more than the irresponsible behavior of their leaders to make rediculous amounts of money in the markets.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tpsadler

tpsadler Numismatist

Actually your chart does not reflect my view. Gold will reach ~1300 in October - November time frame assuming nothing new comes to light.

4. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

I think that gold will reach $1300 in January 2010 but I could be wrong on this because it could reach that level sooner than that or it could reach it later than January 2010. Nobody really knows what will happen with gold prices IMO.

5. Danr

Danr Numismatist

maybe 2011 round election time

6. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Er no elections in 2011 (no presidential or congressional ones in the US anyway). Perhaps you mean 2010 or 2012?

I have no doubt that the nominal value of gold will hit $1300 eventually due to inflation, but the real value of gold tends to remain fairly stable. As the economy stabilizes, as it inevitably will eventually, I wouldn't expect gold's real value to bound much higher than it is now; it may even go down a little.

7. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Amen, finally someone gets it! Gold fluctuates constantly over time... it's a great long term hedge against inflation, but a very high risk short term investment because it's so unstable and unpredictable in the short term.

8. CoinOKC

CoinOKC Don't Drink The Kool-Aid

Looking into my crystal ball, I predict that gold will reach $1000 today! Or not....!

9. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I'll say June. But I won't say what year. For anyone with a long term time horizon, $1,300 is a layup from here.

Draft saved Draft deleted