1/65 silver/gold?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by pale ridder, Mar 5, 2010.

1. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

Digress all you want Zuhara. I found your post interesting. I think you agree on my "investment managers want you to invest in their over leveraged thingamaggigie."

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Zuhara

Zuhara Junior Member

Thanks. Overleveraged thingamajigge is a great phrase btw:bow:. I am a prisoner of some of those thingamajiggies myself, and always have to laugh when people say that gold is "risky":rolling:.

4. financeman

financeman Lincoln Cent Connoisseur

Pinny stocks are defined as any stock that is currently selling for under a dollar. I like them because you can take a relatively low investment and buy a bunch of shares and it only has to move a little and you make a lot of money.
    For example, two weeks ago I bought 10,000 shares of cell therapeutics inc (CTIC). It was selling for $.69. Friday it closed at $.8955 and I sold. So I made $.20 per share. Multiply that by 10,000 shares that only cost me $6900 and I made $2000.
    Just so you know I have had this go the other way before to and loose that type of money that quick so like I said it is pretty risky but has a lot of reward if it works out for you.

midas1 likes this.
  5. rodzm

rodzm Ag Addict

You should jump on WAMUQ.PK then...looks like they may be getting some sort of settlement from the thiefs at JP Morgan and Chase. Nobody can tell me that you can buy $300 bill worth of assets for $1.88 billion. Its gone from 18 cents to 38 cents in less than 1 month

6. financeman

financeman Lincoln Cent Connoisseur

Thanks for the tip. I will take a look at the charts on Monday and see how it has been doing.

7. rodzm

rodzm Ag Addict

The stock has gone vertical...Fridays close was at 0.387 and it now stands at 0.5002 or an increase of about 30%. Friday is supposed to be a court hearing on funds owed to WAMU. Market expects decision in favor of WAMU hence the increase in PPS. It will either be deposits owed to WAMU or a settlement coming from JPM

8. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I guess they let people buy the gold, but want to make sure they can get it back if the government changes its mind.

9. Zuhara

Zuhara Junior Member

Gold is available in China in all kinds of forms from statuettes that look like Disney characters to me, to wedding jewelry, coins and bars. The bars are numbered because, as in the West, people want a numbered bar when they aren't buying a government guaranteed coin.

I would post some photos, but I'm too tired after filing all the registration numbers off my Pamp Suisse bars today:D.

10. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Help

11. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

So what happens if Gold goes up $600 and in the same time frame silver goes down $3.50 Hehehe.....

12. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

After hearing my deceased family members talk about the great depression, I think I would advise cash holding until this economy stops the 500-1000 point Dow whiplash, I think cash will be King for a while, IMO, Jim

Santinidollar, midas1 and Gilbert like this.
  13. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"Gold is available in China in all kinds of forms from statuettes that look like Disney characters to me, to wedding jewelry, coins and bars.. ."

Call me a racist if you like I will never ever buy and gold or silver from China. Not even PSC & NGC graded gold/silver.

". . . but I'm too tired after filing all the registration numbers off my Pamp Suisse bars today"

Why are you filing over the serial numbers???

14. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

(1) Gold and silver are not ANY kind of investments. They are SPECULATIONS and should be treated as such.

(2) The amount of each is entirely up to you.

(3) Neither is a subsitute for stocks and bonds.

(4) Consider common Morgans as a substitute for some of your silver and common Saints/Liberty's as a substitute for your gold.

Good Luck !

midas1 likes this.
  15. GoldFinger1969

Penny stocks are not an investment, they are somewhere between a highly speculative play and a scam.

I should know. I worked for one many moons ago (ironically, with Jordan Belfort of "The Wolf Of Wall Street" fame).

midas1 likes this.
  16. GoldFinger1969

That's because stocks grow with the economy. Tesla (TSLA) doesn't pay a dividend but is up 20-fold in 7 years.

Amazon (AMZN) never paid a dividend and is up 250-fold in 18 years.

midas1 likes this.
  17. GoldFinger1969

Sure you can....if the assets are CRAP -- which they were.

JPM didn't force WaMu to make crappy loans. And the regulators forced the sale because WaMu was overlevered on crap assets.

midas1 likes this.
  18. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

Tesla is also down almost 50% from recent highs.

19. GoldFinger1969

Not surprising, it tripled in a few weeks.

20. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

On the OPs question, I think phase of life has something to do with it. I have maybe 2000-3000, (maybe more, I never track) ounces of silver in various forms. I am simply running out of safe/sdb room between that, ancient coins, etc. I have move to gold and platinum. More compact per $1000 invested.

21. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You should have both. As far as the ratio of gold to silver, that's up to you based on your personal situation.

Draft saved Draft deleted