1/10th Gold Ounce

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Collecting Nut, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I found another one, this one is a 2013. Just opened the package it was shipped in a few days ago for the first time. I’m discovering things I purchased years ago. :)
    2B779AC3-DD81-4E79-9544-92FFEF40B000.jpeg A34709AF-729F-4830-93F0-D74AE414E796.jpeg

Garlicus, fretboard, yakpoo and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I hate it when I forget that I bought gold. lol

4. Collecting Nut

Wait until you see the next one. Lol

Garlicus and furryfrog02 like this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Heck, I can't afford gold. I'd love to be able to forget that I had it!

6. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

About 20 years ago, our American Legion had Coin Boards they used with their Pull Tab game. Pull Tabs are cards with usually five (5) tabs you would peel back to reveal a cash prize (if you were lucky) or a Red Number that correlated with a coin on a coin board (if you were really lucky!).

Most of the coins on the coin board were Unc silver Eagles or circulated silver Dollars/Halves, but there were always about four (4) 1/10th Oz gold Eagles on each board...all in air-tight capsules.

The 1/10th Oz gold Eagle was worth about $35 at the time. I won quite a few different coins, but forgot what I did with them. I recently came across my bag of Coin Board coins and discovered seven (7) 1/10th Oz gold Eagles. That was a pleasant surprise!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Still waiting...!

8. Collecting Nut

Chris, when I was working at the post office I was putting in 80 plus hours a week. Some weeks it was over 100 hours. Only off on Sundays. I had all the overtime and double time money so I put some away and bought a lot of pm’s and coins. I’m still opening the packages I bought. The oldest was from 2011 and it was more than one of these. I’m richer than I thought. Lol One day I’ll get all of them opened.

masterswimmer likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Haha, I’ll post in a new thread new thread later this week. So don’t hold your breath unless you’re really good at it. Lol

-jeffB likes this.
  10. cpm9ball

And so, you've decided to sell them for $35 each.
    ROFLMAO 3.jpg

11. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Lol...nope!

Something else I bought around the same time was a 1/2 Oz gold Eagle "Coin Watch" (1998 dated coin, as I recall). I have no idea what I did with it. I've looked high and low...nothing. I know it's around here someplace. It drives me nuts that I can't find it!

Back then, the U.S. Mint would sell coins to a company that made these watches. When a new Mint Director took over (I forget who), he declared, "The U.S. Mint isn't in the jewelry business"...so they stopped making watches with new U.S. coins.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    MIGuy likes this.
  12. cpm9ball

You shouldn't talk about things like this. Someone might want to buy your house "sight unseen" with all of the furnishings.;)

yakpoo likes this.
  13. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I'm constantly finding coins I forgot I had. :oops:

Collecting Nut likes this.
  14. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Me too, only they're not Gold! :D

Collecting Nut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted