0.01 - 0.10 GRAM 24k Nadir or NZP 24k Gold?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by StevieB, Jan 2, 2017.

1. StevieB

StevieB Active Member

I would love to collect gold but I do not have the cash to buy a ounce or even a gram.

I saw these floating on ebay but the markup they want is way too insane they want $7 for 0.01 gram and that is crazy. I wonder if anyone get's the 0.10 gram gold ones for a decent price?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Honestly, if you don't have enough money to buy a gram, you probably need to set your sights on "saving up" rather than "collecting".

You can get one-grain bars for a few dollars -- a grain is 1/480 of a troy ounce, so a grain of gold is worth a bit less than $2.50 at the moment. But you'll pay a good bit more than that to get one.

By the way, one grain is about 0.065 grams. If someone is asking $7 for 0.01 gram, that's crazy, just as you say.

Again, though, if you don't have enough to buy an actual gold coin, I'd recommend saving until you do. If your roll-hunting luck continues, you may be able to fund it that way! :)

4. StevieB

StevieB Active Member

@-jeffB

Thanks for your reply!

Yea I guess I should just wait and save then buy by the gram. I am not selling the silver coins I find I need to leave something for my loved one's when I am gone :)

But yea saving and buying by the gram makes more sense since it is about a $10 premium verses a $40 premium buying by the 0.10 gram size.

5. Johnnie Black

Johnnie Black Neither Gentleman Nor Scholar

It's not a bad time to save for gold purchases. No one really knows what the market will do but it's trending toward higher interest rates and a stronger dollar. That usually means a downward trajectory for gold. So maybe if you save and wait you'll get a better deal in a few months. :)

-jeffB likes this.
  6. Filipinas Bullion

Filipinas Bullion New Member

Nadir bars you can buy near to spot in any shop at Turkey

Draft saved Draft deleted