“Spooky” coins?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TylerH, Aug 28, 2018.

1. TylerH

TylerH Well-Known Member

hi All

Halloween season is creeping up! Being a halloween and horror movie lover, wondering what “spooky” coins people have. It can be a limited edition (ie the limited silver GREAT PUMPKIN coin from 98) or a coin with kind of creepy imagery on it. I’m sure there are some fun ones. Also, for the sake of avoiding politics please don’t post the custom Trump coins. :)

Curious Coin likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

There were two posts not all that long ago of dimes via some artistic PMD where Roosevelt was made to look like a demon. Two showed up here in the same week. That was pretty creepy.

4. TylerH

TylerH Well-Known Member

I like this one as a silly novelty - it’s just painfully overpriced IMO

Pardon the screen cap!

47C9FC4E-2734-47EB-B313-51F87E5D2534.png

5. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

There is the “Zombucks” silver round series where the took various US coins, made them look “zombified” and put them on a 1oz silver round.

Mike Davis likes this.
  6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Which Texas Chainsaw Massacre do you like best? Several remakes have been done. The worst, for me was the one with Matthew McConnaghy.

7. TylerH

TylerH Well-Known Member

Actually the one I enjoy rewatch wise is the TCM 2 - while the original is arguably a better film, I like how self aware part 2 is.

tommyc03 likes this.
  8. Curious Coin

Curious Coin Active Member

Don't forget these oddities. skull-nickel-20110905-110347.jpg

9. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

10. TylerH

TylerH Well-Known Member

11. Mike Davis

Mike Davis Well-Known Member

Can you tell me more about this? Where did you get that?

12. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

The member you are quoting has not been around in almost a year and besides this is a two year old thread

13. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

someone or him just carved the new designs/modern hobo nickel

14. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Happy Halloween.
    h3 (2).jpg h2 (2).jpg h1 (2).jpg h (2).jpg

15. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Not really a coin, and machine made not carved, but still fits with Halloween.

946F9269-190D-41D4-9E2C-816C4528EE1D.jpeg

beaver96 likes this.
  16. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

This is my only scary coin, a 2015 Canadian 25-cent piece. It's part of the Canadian Royal Mint's "Haunted Canada" series. Through Lenticular technology, the Mint creates a changing image depending on the viewing angle. You'll see the head of the brakeman disappear, leaving only two piercing eyes, as the lantern glows. You can't see this effect in my photo of course, but you can experience it via the mint's official link below. (Sorry I don't have the obverse, but it's just an effigy of the Queen. Too lazy to find the coin now so I just took the photo from my facebook page.)

https://www.mint.ca/store/coins/hau...MDhzs5O2R-JZQSrpTs8cQgBBMb2REj2FJj0n2gcrGzqhE

The story behind the coin: In Vancouver, Canada, there's a place called Gastown, reputed to be one of the world's most haunted neighborhoods. At one of the train stations there, Waterfront Station, security guards have reported seeing a headless figure, believed to be the ghost of a brakeman who was decapitated by a train in 1928. On some nights - when the moon is full and the fog creeps eerily - you might see him roaming the tracks, holding a glowing lantern, searching for his head! He has a cousin who does nearly the same thing in Sleepy Hollow.

20201015_213403.jpg

lordmarcovan and beaver96 like this.
  17. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Draft saved Draft deleted