“New Report Shows Silver Prices to Soar Past the Moon”

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by silverbullion, Apr 8, 2015.

1. silverbullion

silverbullion Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

Wow,sure it is. Soar right down to 2006-07 Price Trade Action. Bet on it.

4. silverbullion

Did you watch the video before commenting? It is satire my friend. :)

green18 likes this.
  5. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I'd rather see it at Jupiter levels .

silverbullion likes this.
  6. silverbullion

lol Me too, although I do like a discount when I see one. ;)

rzage likes this.
  7. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

I hope not. Even if we drop the last two zeroes, that'd be a pretty significant and unstable jump. I hope we never see Jupiter levels in my lifetime... or the lifetimes of my classmates' grandchildren.

rzage likes this.
  8. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Onofrio Bacigalupo Well-Known Member

The highest silver price was $32.00 an ounce when the Hunt brothers tried to corner the silver market.

9. silverbullion

I believe it ended up much higher and then came down when the banksters changed the rules.

rzage likes this.
  10. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

Silver hit $48.70 on April 28, 2011.

green18, rzage, Mikey Zee and 2 others like this.
  11. silverbullion

rzage likes this.
  12. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

Yep, Silver was once pushing $50.00/oz and many were saying it might go up to $80 and be at historical ratios with gold......and we all know what happened instead.

I love satire!!!!......and I just hope my small silver purchases each month stay above ground LOL

rzage and silverbullion like this.
  13. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

I wish Silver would go again to around $50 an ounce...

I have some to offload when that happens.

Until then, just sit and wait it out...

14. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

I scored at $43 in 1980 and $44 in 2011 if it wasn't rare it was gone.. of course it's all back again.

Mikey Zee and silverbullion like this.
  15. rzage

Funny how my mind plays tricks on me . If someone would have asked I'd of swore it went to near $80 . Glad you knew the actual price . Still Gov. Mint is selling ASEs at $17.95 but with shipping it comes out higher but still under what most are charging . They say limit 10 , but I bought 10 and when they arrived Monday they still had them at the same price .

16. rzage

I was trying to be funny , notice I said trying . ;)

17. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I was in between $12 and $17 and out at $35. I await the next big run up which I hope occurs in my lifetime.........

rzage and silverbullion like this.
  18. coolhandred

coolhandred Member

Unfortunately silver is a commodity and as such is subject to market volatility, speculation, economic cycles and does not pay dividends. Buying and holding silver in raw form, (ounces, 10 oz, and bars), has not proven to be a profitable long term strategy. Rather a diverse portfolio of rare coins has been a more efficacious means to realize gains. I have a 10oz bar of silver I bought in 1978 and use as a paperweight. It has gone up and down in value over the years, but I keep it to remind me raw silver has limited utility.

silverbullion and Spud Koolzip like this.
  19. silverbullion

Personally I like a combination of "raw form" silver and rare coins. I try to keep a 50/50 balance. I see "raw form" silver as insurance: http://newcoinreleases.com/gold-and-silver-stackers-keep-the-faith/

Mikey Zee likes this.
  20. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I have always been too lazy to have it ready when the price went crazy. I bought a lot of silver coins at about 3X face. Could someone tell me what the price of silver would have been in those days?

21. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You mean like this one? ;)

[​IMG]

Efficacious, perhaps, if you bought in the early 70s. If you bought between 1986 and 1993? Not so much. For that matter, if you bought between 2005 and, well, now, you'll apparently be waiting a bit longer.

Oh, and don't forget that 20-40% buy/sell spread for retail. A bit like buying a very heavily front- and back-loaded mutual fund, in my opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted