Knife Catchers

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Cloudsweeper99, May 8, 2012.

1. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

With gold at $1,598 and silver at $29.21 as of right now:eek:, the knife catchers should be coming out any minute now to grab the bargains:thumb: - if they are bargains.:devil:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

So, does a guy want to catch this knife or some equities down over 10%?

I hear you, where do you step in? Also, if this truly is a dip, how much will be eaten up by dealers?

Eh, I am building cash, and investing in myself. I just bought a copy of Dalton and Hamer on Conder tokens. :)

4. bhaugh

bhaugh AKA - 1872Hokie

I too am waiting to see what happens to silver. My price point is right now is looking to be $25. If it dips that low, I'll be buying in bulk and hoping it doesn't dip any lower. That's not to say that I won't be picking up some while it is under $30, but this week could get really interesting.

5. Cloudsweeper99

You never know whether you are buying a dip, or whether the bull market has ended. I believe it is another one of those periodic scary dips. Time will tell.

6. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Hard to watch today. Did they reduce the national debt to 2008 levels and announce eternal peace on Earth today or what?

Ive got a gold and silver monitor app on my phone. You enter your total assets in and it automatically updates every 5 seconds when you have it open. I opened it up today and did a double take. Whats going on!?

7. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

concerns in europe and the potential changes in the US tax structure if you belive what you read

8. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

More sellers than buyers. Cloudsweeper's thread is a friendly warning, take it as you will

9. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Yep; you can attribute any reason you want to the recent activity and you can cite any expert you wish, but the only thing that can be said with certainty is today there is more being sold than is being purchased.

10. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Right know in this market cash is king or in this case Dollar. If the trends at this level for another month we will start seeing some good bargains in ebay :p gold/silver coins are still selling for 10-15% more than where they where last year in spite of similar spot prices.

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It's those darn Banksters artificially keeping the price of PM up. Break the 1600 mark and they start buying calls. Only way to defeat them is to sell, sell :D

The major reason in my poor opinion is that Europe has fallen and can't get up, and the US dollar is getting stronger, so the price of Commodities go downward. And all of the bulls who say they will "Load up the truck" are just that ~ bull :)

12. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Its funny how easy at $33 an ounce it is to say if it hits $25 I will "back up the truck", because when it does fall down to $25, and its still falling, it sure as heck a lot harder to pull that trigger. :(

13. crowbaby

crowbaby Member

i think that buy silver when it at $25 is a good idea. I don,t see it going up just yet. I bought $1200 usd as i think it will safer than the £ or €.

14. Clint

Clint Member

15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Since you are in Europe. it is interesting to me that you bought USD instead of gold as a safety play. I think this is where many have miscalculated but you didn't, thinking that as economies around the world go bad or worse, that gold/silver would be the play rather than USD, but I see what you may may have, that there will always be at least 1 strong currency in the world at any time, and forex trades can be almost instantaneous.

Jim

16. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Maybe this has something to do with the situation.
    President Obama announced this morning that the US has a budget surplus this year.
    He also said that this is the first budget surplus since 2008.

17. crowbaby

crowbaby Member

Well i have bought 1oz of mixed gold. And some silver. But in the movies i always see usd being the money to buy food in war time.

18. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Hmmm. I guess I can disreguard the report about them running another 1+ trillion dollar deficit this year?

Somebody is lying.

19. Cloudsweeper99

The big unanswered question is whether the massive debt load will turn out to be inflationary or deflationary. One possibility is that they will just print enough money to pay down the whole thing, and gold will go to the moon. Another possibility is that they won't, and the debt burden will remain a drag on the economy for a long time. And a third possibility is that there will be increasing numbers of debt defaults - first private and then public, crashing markets, and the dollar will go to the moon as the mad scramble takes place to get liquid enough to pay down the debts.

I don't think there are more than 100 people in the world who currently know what policy decisions are planned. I doubt that any of them are here at CoinTalk. My personal view is that there is still about a 50/50 probability of either inflation or deflation. Of course that's no help in deciding what to do today. That's why I'm just standing pat with what I own - waiting for additional clues.

20. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Seems to me that, since every transaction involves one entity selling and one entity buying, the amount being sold must always be exactly equal to the amount being bought. :)

Now, the amount being offered for sale vs. sought for purchase...

21. Cloudsweeper99

This is true, but the only relevant buying and selling is at the bid. If the bid price for silver is $30, and 1 million ounces are offered for sale but only 500 thousand ounces are offered to buy, then the price has to drop until enough buyers are attracted to absorb what is for sale. The reverse is also true.

Draft saved Draft deleted