Anybody prefer JM Bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by jamin, Sep 24, 2013.

1. jamin

jamin New Member

does anybody like jm bullion? ive read alot of bad stuff about this site (doesnt mean its all true) and am curious if anybody uses them alot. good prices and there only three hours away from me. i really want them to be my source for my silver but just alittle concerned if there reputable and honest people to deal with.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Silverbil47

Silverbil47 Well-Known Member

I have read some of the same stuff you have, so I was somewhat concerned at first. But I've used them twice in the past few months for good sized purchases and received great service. So far I'm very happy and thinking about another order soon. The prices are great and since you live close you can save the shipping. Sounds good to me.

4. jamin

jamin New Member

well glad to hear that. did you use credit or debit? i think their very slow with check payments, but as long as you get what you ordered i guess its ok. ill probably use them, and use credit/debit. that way i should get stuff from them within a week. do you or anybody think heraeus is good silver? i heard alot of just get premium coins, but im a newb and i like some of the silver bars. i guess over seas heraeus will sell just as fast as ase's. must be more recognized over there than here. what silver have you been buying?

5. vintagesix

vintagesix New Member

I know I'm digging this thread up from months ago, but wanted to add a few comments about this site. I recently placed an order to JM Bullion about 2 weeks ago. They charged my card right away (no problem). It's now 2 weeks out and they have yet to ship. If you read thru the shipping policy & FAQ's on their site it seems pretty legit and fair. Well if you call to check on the order they brush you off saying "it's only been ___ business days, our standard order takes at LEAST 5 business days to ship". Okay, well thats all fine and good however I don't see that on the site...or at least I didn't until now. If you read their "terms & conditions" it states it could take up to 30 business days to ship an order! What the heck are these people doing? I'm going back to APMEX...

6. SilverSurfer415

SilverSurfer415 Well-Known Member

Ordered some 2014 Eagles on 1/30/14 and I haven't received anything from them.
    Don't hurt me like this Mr. Matthey, please MOVE QUICKER.

7. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

How did you pay?

8. SilverSurfer415

By Visa debit card.

9. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

I was just about to buy from them. have some items in my cart that I was going to wait 'till Monday on. great prices but now I don't know if I'll order?

10. vintagesix

vintagesix New Member

I don't know if it helps but an update they finally shipped my order. Literally 9 business days...what the heck took so long?

11. spazmodic

spazmodic Member

Used them regularly and receive great service. Typically pay by check for reduced prices on bulk orders and free shipping. Reliable, decent. Don't over communicate which I like. I recommend them.

12. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

Kinda slow in that case. I thought maybe you paid by check in which case it takes pretty close to 3 weeks in my experience to get your items from pretty much any precious metals dealer.

13. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Was thinking of buying some coins there but after reading reviews I wasn't feeling comfortable buying from this dealer. There were some good reviews but many more negative reviews. The savings I would have gotten were not that much so it wasn't a hard choice to pass on them.

14. SilverSurfer415

UPDATE: Just got an email that said my order has shipped.

15. Mvandemark

Mvandemark Ignorant know it all

They are my primary supplier. The longest I've had to wait for a shipment is 2 weeks. But in all fairness my largest orders have been around 5 oz at a time.

16. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

I bought a 100 ounces almost 2 weeks ago. Hoping i here something before too long.

17. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

I got my silver at 2 weeks. Will buy from them again!!

18. Silveraholic

Silveraholic Member

I've bought from them. Never a problem.

19. Steve-0

Steve-0 New Member

Just this weekend I had two separate orders delivered. One order was completely different than what I ordered. Of course, the error was financially in their favor. I'm very concerned that their shipping group can even possibly send the wrong product. This scares me a bunch. Probably should note that the included packing slip shows that the correct product was shipped (it was not the correct product).

The second order looked like it was packed by a three year old and the packages containing the metal and assay were bent and the metal scratched and scraped. It is a huge disappointment.

I have sent them email and a message via Facebook. I also called but they are closed until tomorrow. I'll need to update this post with how well they fix this issue as I consider it pretty major (wrong product, REALLY?).

Previous orders of a different color metal were slow in arriving but finally arrived as ordered and expected. I'm hope this is a one time thing with these two orders.

20. westcoasting

westcoasting Active Member

Yikes:eek:, hope you can get all that resolved. I'm only brave enough to use the top reputable online vendors and luckily so far, no wrong orders received. I have received dinged up bullion and vendors were fine with exchanging (however I had to pay shipping to return it). Yeah, it's a bit stressful when there's problems or delays when ordering this shiny stuff. :(

21. Received first shipment from them today which was 6 bars and 4 rounds.

One round was not correct but quality was fine. I'm not bothering with sending anything back as it was just a random round I thought looked cool and the one I got instead works for me. However, it seems like their shipping and processing department is in great need of new management or personnel.

Draft saved Draft deleted