A bubble in Zombucks ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by spazmodic, Apr 13, 2014.

1. spazmodic

spazmodic Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mintage = 47,885 and they are not making any more. I guess they are worth what people are willing to pay for them. TC

4. throwbackid

throwbackid Well-Known Member

I sold the 100 I bought over the last month. I ended up getting $45 per ave after fees and shipping. I really hope these things don't hit $100 i'll be upset lol

I just looked at the bid history on that Zombie and it only had 2 bidders so maybe its a fluke

5. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

A bubble, really?

Are they over valued, maybe or maybe not, either way it's not a bubble.

6. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

Its most definitely a bubble but when it pops it's hedged against the price of silver.

I wouldn't by the ugly poor quality coins for melt.

7. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

It's a fad that will soon be overtaken by some other new theme.

8. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

Maybe a fad, but I am curious if there are or have been any other silver rounds that have had this much interest in them?... Maybe the SBSS ones.. those still sell at a premium.. other than that I haven't seen much talk about other rounds. You have to admit they came up with a good idea that has caught on with many people. I don't see any threads dedicated to the "Birds of Prey" or any others that don't come to mind right now. Zombucks also seem to generate strong opinions both negative and positive, which to me adds to their charm.

9. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I would agree they seem to be popular right now. I think the interesting designs might continue to bring small premiums in the future, but I doubt these premiums would hold.

I also agree with Peace that "bubble" is way overused nowadays. Read about South Sea stock, or tulip bulbs, or even internet stocks of companies with no hope of ever turning a profit. Those were bubbles. This is simply a popular item. If this is a bubble a case could be made all coins selling for more than melt are a bubble, (even though this is properly a medal, not a coin).

10. spazmodic

spazmodic Member

Personally I think 3 times melt is indication that someone is buying it in the hope they can sell it to someone for more.

11. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

That makes it a bubble?

sodude likes this.
  12. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

Well I certainly wouldn't buy the previously issued releases at these prices. I still think buying the current issues from Provident is a good idea at 2.99 over spot per coin. They will probably not be as big of homeruns as the first coin (the Walker) but I think they will still appreciate beyond the 2.99 over spot issue price.

The Morgue Anne is starting to appreciate in price on Ebay, the Zombuff hasn't really yet but it needs time for the re-sellers to sell off some of their inventory.

I'll buy some Barbers on the last day of sales or close to it, hold them a few months and then sell. I think this series still has some legs although maybe people will start getting bored with it after the 7th or 8th coin. I definitely would not hold these long term.

medoraman likes this.
  13. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I would agree, except for a minor caveat. If you like them, hold them and enjoy them as long as you wish. I believe Tinpot's comments are regarding pricing versus silver market and ability to make a profit. I also see a diminishing return of how "cute" these are. I did like the WL issue, and the Morgan was ok. The buffalo, and now the Barber, are just getting gross and creepy. Late October is the only time I am in the mood for such things, for my coin collecting I prefer beauty, not creepy.

14. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

The Barber is creepy. Too creepy.
    I sold my Walkers a while ago. Zombucks aren't very interesting anymore.
    But any day now someone will come out with something new, and I'll get on that for a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted