ziplock bag number 2.

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by shaner, Mar 2, 2015.

1. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

If the Jubilee medallion is the large (about 2 1/2 inch ) size it is worth about $80 and the French 1860 50 Centimes could be about the same if the condition isas good as it looks. I see an Italy under Napoleon, 1810 5 soldi worth checking.

Nothing British there is any good, but the pre 1947, post 1920 silver is 50% silver, so has metal value.
    The only one I'd covet out of that lot is the Napoleon III 50 C.

A few of the rest of the bag would fetch a few dollars or a bit more each, but a lot of the bag is junk box material.

Should be worth an easy $200 for the lot, anyway.

These were much easier to look through with the pictures linked.

If I missed something,I am sure it will get a mention.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. afantiques

Those two in the first pic, the large ones that look like they r in a holder or box. Those look like medals or crowns.

It is a boxed Queen Victoria Jubilee medallion in sterling silver.

4. afantiques

PS. Historical note, the German Weimar Republic 200 mark coins were valueless within a few months of being issued due to hyperinflation. Before WWI 200 Marks was worth about $50 in gold. By late 1923, a thousand billion (American) or 1 billion (European) marks became one new mark.

5. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Quite a bit of silver actually. A lot of canadian, british and a few aussie ones.

6. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

What was your source for these coins ? Did you buy them in a lot ?

7. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

Best coins of this collection: Netherlands (5 cents of king William III and 10 cents of queen Wilhelmina), 5 soldi 1810, 3 pense 1918 (British West Africa), 10 centesimi 1920 (Italy), 1 franc 1828 (France), 2 anna 1918 (British India), 5 and 10 centimes (Nice). And very nice medals with portrait of queen Victoria.

Regards.
    Eugene.

8. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Some nice stuff in there. That French 1860 50 centimes is by far the best and nicest coin among the group.

9. afantiques

Siberian, there is only one medallion, it has the old head on one side and the young head on the other. I agree that of the unmentioned coins,the ones you singled out are the best of the rest.

10. shaner

shaner Active Member

Few years ago my wife's uncle was dying. We were told to go through the house and take what we wanted, everyone else had already taken what they wanted. I was last. I'm a bit of a picker, scrounge, mole, tunnel rat... whatever you want to call it.

11. shaner

shaner Active Member

If you look at my other threads, there is a picture of a smaller medallion that's the same as this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted