Zimbabwe

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Kentucky, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Just a little mind bubble, I wanted a 100 Trillion Zimbabwe note and first got a 50 Trillion because I saw it at a flea market dealer, I ordered a 100 Trillion note, and then my daughter gave me 10x10 Trillion notes. When the 100 Trillion circulated, the exchange rate was $0.40 and I have seen them on sale for $80.00 Not a bad return if you happen to have gotten them then.

George McClellan and Paul M. like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Somebody's trying to make a killing. They trade routinely for FAAAAAR less than that. I think I paid about $2 US for my most recent 100 Trillion.

I also took a 50 billion note into the State Capitol and told my boss I have the state budget covered and that I would accept change in U.S. dollars. He didn't think so.

Kentucky and Stevearino like this.
  4. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Not any more sir. I bought some back when they were like $2 a piece, but when I see them at coins shows now they want like $30 or more a piece. Since they converted currencies, its now known this will be the highest denominated "dollar" note for a long time. They were only selling for $2 initially since everyone expected a 1 quadrillion note any moment.

Kentucky and Paul M. like this.
  5. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Yeah, $30 apiece is probably about right for uncertified notes. The $80 prices are for high-grade certified notes.

Kentucky likes this.
  6. V. Kurt Bellman

Really? Huh. I guess P. T. Barnum was right.

Kentucky likes this.
  7. Kentucky

I know when I bought my $100 Trillion note, I didn't pay much, but I don't really keep very good records. There is an advertisement that pops up when I read news on line where some retailer is trying to get $79.95 each for them. I started to bid on some on e-bay and it looks like singles will go for $50-$60 but multiples will be more like $30 each. Welcome to the 21st Century Kurt:)

Paul M. likes this.
  8. V. Kurt Bellman

Wait, what? The year is past 2000? Holy cow, next you'll be telling me they don't make Susan B. Anthony dollars any more.

Paul M. and Kentucky like this.
  9. Kentucky

I think they still make them, but she has a more...how shall I say this...native American look...

Paul M. likes this.
  10. V. Kurt Bellman

I bet she somehow had a kid, too, right?

Kentucky likes this.
  11. Kentucky

ARE YOU PSYCHIC?

12. V. Kurt Bellman

No, my personal psychic has her offices on the 65th floor of the south tower of the World Trade Center in New York. I have to make a point to go see her.

What, too soon?

Kentucky likes this.
  13. Kentucky

Not for someone who has the sensitivity of an oyster :):):)

Draft saved Draft deleted