Zimbabwe bills

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Pilkenton, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Info Sponge

Info Sponge Junior Member

USD30 was the officially quoted value when that denomination first came out. I haven't seen a reference to what the real value was, but certainly less than the official exchange rate would lead you to believe.

That was when they first came out. Four months later they were worth less than a US cent, and then they were demonetized altogether.

They're a collectible now, and the eBay price seems to be creeping upward. I used to be able to get a 10-pack for a little over USD10, and lately I've been losing auctions at USD17. They're not making any more, but the mintage must have been pretty high.

I give them out as tips and conversation pieces.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

4. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

I saw them for sale on some sites for about $5/a piece, basically as a novelty. I might pick some up. I have some of the old hyper-inflation notes from Weimer Germany in the 1920s. They're pretty cool. I think the highest is a hundred thousand mark note. I might put a pic up of those sometime...

5. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

6. jmon

jmon Numismatist In Training

I had one thought when I first saw these - how much fun would it be to give that to the waiter/waitress and wait for the response! I have been asking waiters/waitress's if they accept food stamps for years (which if you have never tried this, you should - it's a riot when they have to "go ask").

7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I will take that 100 Trillion in U.S please!!

8. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Make that 200 Trillian U.S.

Were already in a terrible national debt, whats a few more!:hug:

9. somerandomguy10

somerandomguy10 Junior Member

There's some money to be made with these zimbabwe banknotes. There are lots of 100 fro around $100, so $1 a piece. But the individual one go fro a couple dollars each. YOu could make at least a 200%-300% profit on those.

10. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

I bought myself a set today, 10 trillion, 20 trillion, 50 trillion and a 100 trillion. Just to have, just for fun.:smile

11. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

Local pawn shop is offering the 100 trillion note for $.25 each.
    So much for that increase on value lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted