Zimbabwe 2006-2008 issue

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Daggarjon, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

I was able to pick up a near complete set of the last issue from Zimbabwe. Excluding the Trillion dollar notes though :( 32 notes from 1 cent all the way up to 100 Billion dollars. Now with the revaluation this past febuary, there is a whole net set to collect :)

Click here to see the notes i have.

Take a look at the first note shown, P-10 ... then look at the rest ... is it me.. or do you also notice a slight change in artistic quality there??

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Daggarjon I think that sets awsome. They go up to 100 trillion dollars I believe :yawn:. And hey now your a billion-aire right.

4. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Great set of notes mate, it does seem strange to think though that a Banknote as opposed to a Notgeld type note would have a use by date on it!! there again it just goes to show just how worthless the currency is.

5. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

i agree De Orc. I think they put the expiration date knowing full well that it wouldnt be worth much due to the rate of inflation. What was it last year, something like 3 million percent?

anyone seen images of the new notes issued yet? I would love to see if they have the artisty lacking in this past issue.

6. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Great set Daggarjon!! It is always fun to say you know a Billionaire...

Regards,

RickieB

7. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

i do have billions... but just what could that billions buy? :D not even a cup of coffee!

8. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

I added several note from Zimbabwes early years today. P-6, P-7, P-8, P-9 and P-12. I also added a 2004 $500 note that is not listed. You can check them out here :)

I have also made some updates to a few other countries over the last few days... each only getting a bare note :) for those, just click here

9. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Now these are the ones that I prefer :hug:

10. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

I here ya there De Orc!!!! I love the designs... colorfull and containing some imagination :)

Draft saved Draft deleted