Zeus Numismatics

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Napata, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Broucheion

Broucheion Well-Known Member

And of course you told them this. And they still refused? What exactly did they say?

- Broucheion

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Yeah, there’s no excuse for taking almost 3 weeks to reply to a simple inquiry. If this is their business as usual MO, then I wouldn’t bid with them, either.

Ignoramus Maximus and rrdenarius like this.
  4. VD76

VD76 Well-Known Member

No. I didn’t ask them. I found out about the restrictions about a week ago , when I was looking where my package is . But I won a few coins this Saturday and sent a request about FedEx right after receiving the invoice . Silence so far .
    Regards

5. sterlingfox

sterlingfox New Member

My two previous experiences with Zeus were shaky, at best. Long delays in acknowledging my payment and in shipping out the coins, but I always eventually received what I ordered - until Prime Auction 5 (March 15th). That shipment still shows as "package not found" through track & trace (PostNL) - even though they assured me that they shipped it. I will give it a few more weeks and then start up a dispute with my credit card company. This will most likely be my last time bidding in any of their auctions. I've gotten FAR better customer service from Savoca.

Paul M. likes this.
  6. Ignoramus Maximus

Ignoramus Maximus Nomen non est omen.

until Prime Auction 5 (March 15th). That shipment still shows as "package not found" through track & trace (PostNL)

Mail is in corona-coma everywhere, so things take time. Try track & trace with bpost (Belgium), that's where they ship from.

7. sterlingfox

sterlingfox New Member

I have tried using bpost as well - still comes up as shipment not found.

8. VD76

VD76 Well-Known Member

Where is your package going to ? My in the US .

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  9. VD76

VD76 Well-Known Member

Mine is coming from the Netherlands .

10. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

After being in coronavirus limbo, my shipment arrived in Los Angeles yesterday, according to USPS tracking.

VD76 likes this.
  11. sterlingfox

sterlingfox New Member

Mine is going to the US.

How can I tell where it's coming from? The tracking number is tied to postnl - does this mean Netherlands?

If the tracking number would at least register somewhere, I'd be less concerned... but this makes me think they never even shipped it.

12. Ocatarinetabellatchitchix

Ocatarinetabellatchitchix Well-Known Member

13. sterlingfox

sterlingfox New Member

No, I did not - thank you for that!

It shows up there as "In transport to the country of destination" as of 3/31 in the Netherlands, and was processed at postnl on 3/26. I guess I'm now "in the COVID-19 limbo" - but at least it's showing up somewhere.

Now my question is, why would it not show up at all on the postnl website? I tried my zip code both with and without the +4

14. VD76

VD76 Well-Known Member

Same as mine :)
    C704F776-8755-42B6-A4F6-CBB2FFEC0E89.png
    Try here https://postnl.post/

15. nicholasz219

nicholasz219 Well-Known Member

I have bought from them and I think that the issue is that the seller has limited English and may very well be a one person operation. I like their selection of coins and since I am on the lower end of the provincial spectrum I don’t worry about tooling so much.

My experience leads me to believe you will receive your coins eventually and that the delays in arrival are virus related. The communication issues and other things noted above might be signs of a one man operation trying to grow their business or someone who is just incompetent. Time will tell for sure. If the annoyance of conducting business with a dealer with these issues outweighs your desire for the coins they are selling, stop bidding or vice versa.

Paul M. likes this.
  16. Finn235

Finn235 Well-Known Member

I have had dealings with them several times in the past. IMO, a C-grade seller. Not terrible, not great. All packages have arrived, usually in a reasonable amount of time.

They have offered some nice coins, easily my favorite of which is this extremely rare (2 known?) AE of Lucius Caesar, mis-attributed as Augustus
    Lucius Caesar antioch ad meandrum.jpg

Followed by a lovely posthumous of Germanicus and Agrippina Senior
    Germanicus and Agrippina aezanis phrygia posthumous.jpg

And a Divus Septimius Severus
    Divus Severus funeral pyre.jpg

They were also responsible for the mix up where I was sent a Gordian III instead of a Hostilian mis-attributed as Gordian III
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/di...eat-deal-sent-wrong-coin.357140/#post-4281364
    (I did reach out and they replied almost immediately that they would investigate - no response since then)

I was also less than impressed with how they cram multiple (expensive!) coins into the same 2x2. If I am spending $100+ on a coin, the least you can do is package it separately!

Nathan B., philologus_1, Ryro and 7 others like this.
  17. nicholasz219

@Finn235 The term C dealer is very appropriate. I only deal with it if the coins/price matrix makes sense to deal with the overall barely competent everything.

18. nicholasz219

19. VD76

VD76 Well-Known Member

If your mail was in the same container as mine, it now shows it’s processing through New York USPS facility .

sterlingfox and Broucheion like this.
  20. sterlingfox

sterlingfox New Member

Mine does too! :happy:

21. thejewk

thejewk Well-Known Member

Sounds like another seller to add to the naughty list.

Draft saved Draft deleted