Featured Yugoslavia - Nikola Tesla - 5 Dinara & 10 Billion Dinara

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by paddyman98, Apr 28, 2020.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hello everyone,

Nikola Tesla.. was a Serbian-American inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, and futurist who is best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current (AC) electricity supply system.
    Born and raised in the Austrian Empire, Tesla studied engineering and physics in the 1870s without receiving a degree, and gained practical experience in the early 1880s working in telephony and at Continental Edison in the new electric power industry. He emigrated in 1884 to the United States, where he became a naturalized citizen. He worked for a short time at the Edison Machine Works in New York City before he struck out on his own. With the help of partners to finance and market his ideas, Tesla set up laboratories and companies in New York to develop a range of electrical and mechanical devices. His alternating current (AC) induction motor and related polyphase AC patents, licensed by Westinghouse Electric in 1888, earned him a considerable amount of money and became the cornerstone of the polyphase system which that company eventually marketed.
    Attempting to develop inventions he could patent and market, Tesla conducted a range of experiments with mechanical oscillators/generators, electrical discharge tubes, and early X-ray imaging. He also built a wireless-controlled boat, one of the first ever exhibited. Tesla became well known as an inventor and demonstrated his achievements to celebrities and wealthy patrons at his lab, and was noted for his showmanship at public lectures. Throughout the 1890s, Tesla pursued his ideas for wireless lighting and worldwide wireless electric power distribution in his high-voltage, high-frequency power experiments in New York and Colorado Springs. In 1893, he made pronouncements on the possibility of wireless communication with his devices. Tesla tried to put these ideas to practical use in his unfinished Wardenclyffe Tower project, an intercontinental wireless communication and power transmitter, but ran out of funding before he could complete it.
    After Wardenclyffe, Tesla experimented with a series of inventions in the 1910s and 1920s with varying degrees of success. Having spent most of his money, Tesla lived in a series of New York hotels, leaving behind unpaid bills. He died in New York City in January 1943. Tesla's work fell into relative obscurity following his death, until 1960, when the General Conference on Weights and Measures named the SI unit of magnetic flux density the tesla in his honor. There has been a resurgence in popular interest in Tesla since the 1990s.

My newest paper currency acquisitions with a neat Nikola Sticker -
    Yugoslavia - 5 Dinara & 10 Billion Dinara
    20200428_152121(1).jpg 20200428_152139(1).jpg

I work next to the Radio Wave building located at 49 West 27th Street NYC, where Nikola had a laboratory where he conducted experiments
    20200409_080013(1).jpg 20200409_075953.jpg

There is a neat plaque in front of the building mentioning him.
    20200409_080037(1).jpg

And this is on West 40th Street -
    NT.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

These are some Ebay pics with different serial numbers from what the seller sent me - nt1.PNG nt2.PNG

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Very interesting guy.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Like you remarked, 'you like to research.'' Like the bio, love the pics. :)

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. paddyman98

A few more pictures from inside the lobby showing Tesla experiments :wideyed:
    20200409_080144(1).jpg 20200409_080136(1).jpg 20200409_080125(1)(1).jpg 20200409_080118(1).jpg 20200409_080207.jpg
    And an old In building mailbox system where mail carriers picked up the mail from decades ago!

7. SamuelFred1

SamuelFred1 I Guess I'm Kind Of a Decent Member at This Point?

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I kept looking for the "error" :)

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. paddyman98

Interesting fact - Renowned Serbian-American inventor Nikola Tesla created one of the world's first wireless remote controls, which he unveiled at Madison Square Garden in New York City in 1898.

Here is a coin made for the creation
    (Not my coin)
    Capture+_2020-05-07-08-00-04.png Capture+_2020-05-07-08-00-19.png

SamuelFred1, Numiser and midas1 like this.
  10. Numiser

Numiser Well-Known Member

I have your Radio Wave Building.
    QSL?

IMG_1766_1500.JPG

11. paddyman98

Draft saved Draft deleted