YouTubers Luck

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by AidenAlexander, Nov 12, 2021.

1. AidenAlexander

AidenAlexander Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone
    I was watching Coin Roll Hunting videos on YouTube when I ran across: RobFindsTreasure he makes videos of CRH, bill searches, and metal detecting. He is a great YouTuber and I have been watching his box hunts ever since. He has some pretty good luck but I thought I would share this video of him searching 3 box’s of dimes and finding 30 silver dimes in the last box :wideyed:.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

30 silver dimes in 1 box ??? Does not seems real. Was it someones collection someone stole ?? My max silver dimes was 2 in a box.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    sel w and AidenAlexander like this.
  4. AidenAlexander

Yeah he searched through 2 box’s and didn’t find any silver then on his last box he found the 30 dimes so he must of found remnants of a collection.

5. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

I'm always a bit skeptical of you tube videos like that. There are many CRH that post there finds on here, and usually they find the occasional silver or minor error. Seems these guys are awfully lucky. Then again, why would anybody bother to click on their video if they found what everybody else finds.

You don't suppose they might rig some of those openings. No, that can't be it. They're just incredibly lucky and deserve all they clicks they get.

6. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Honestly i don't think those rolls-coins came from anywhere but himself and its all staged.

sel w and spirityoda like this.
  7. Oldhoopster

Edit to add: No problems if you enjoy watching them. I like watching some of those rigged reality shows like Moonshiners and Oak Island.

Not saying every CRH YouTube is rigged, but it just seems amazing that they're finding stuff the regular guys can't

bruthajoe likes this.
  8. AidenAlexander

Yeah your 100% right it could be rigged but this guy I don’t think because I’m sure he has posted videos where he didn’t find much but I enjoy watching his videos. But I think it was cool to post because if it is real that’s an amazing find.

9. AidenAlexander

Lol maybe

10. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

anything is possible, i just searched 40.00 in nickels, 16 rolls were customer wrapped and contained about a dozen buffalos, (most with partial or no date) and 2 silver nickels..so??, like i said..

AidenAlexander and sel w like this.
  11. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I'll stick to Ancient Aliens, more fact than fiction, know what I mean...

spirityoda and bruthajoe like this.
  12. Bilbo1

Bilbo1 Member

I used to hunt rolls of halves at small town banks when I drove a 6 wheel expedited freight truck in the 90’s. Best roll I remember getting was a solid roll of Franklins AU/BU. Id find a few Walkers and the maybe 1/1000 worn out Barber. Hard to find a roll then that wasn’t at least 4-5 40% Kennedy’s. Today? Fuggedaboutit.

spirityoda likes this.
  13. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Hey, it's on YouTube so it must be real. LOL
    Honestly, my brother-in-law had a business and got rolls to make change at his shop and one time the bank gave him rolls of dimes that were almost all Mercury dimes. This was just about 6 years ago, so those rolls are out there, if you're lucky enough to find them.

14. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

About five years ago I was roll searching dimes and ended up with a whole roll of silver Roosies that someone cashed out at the credit union. It does happen.

15. Oldhoopster

Yes, spectacular finds can and do happen, but do they happen enough to provide ongoing content for these you tube people??

AidenAlexander likes this.
  16. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I can remember finding my first mercury dime in coin roll hunting. Made my whole day and my now ex-girlfriend at that time I searched it had to buy me lunch.

17. CREATIVECRHUNTER

CREATIVECRHUNTER Well-Known Member

RFT (ROB FINDS TREASURE) is addictive because he really knows his stuff and is very organized and thorough with all information and searches.

18. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Really?welcome to the YouTube world I guess for me,don't use it.

19. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

the guy buys bulk bags of silver coins to search quite a bit, I don't see why he'd stage rolls in a box, but I wouldn't put it past any youtuber to do it just to make their videos more exciting for views.

I know my own rates searching coins. But I have gotten lucky on occasion hunting also, it does happen. It's youtube, it's for entertainment at the end of the day. I find him entertaining, his painful looking fingers drive me crazy, but I find him entertaining.

20. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Agreed. Get a manicure for those nails geez.

John Burgess likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted