Featured YouTube Numismatic Misinformation: What You Need To Know

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 1916D10C, Jan 7, 2019.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Yes and you're basically proving the point and value of the internet and online resources. Everyone in different parts of the country has access to different things in person. The internet is what allows those to be condensed into one place

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Granted, there are many legitimate resources available online, but I will continue to refer to "that other questionable place" as BoobTube because it seems to be the originating source for so much misinformation that ends up being brought to our attention by uneducated collectors.

Chris

Noah Finney likes this.
  4. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I first read gynecologist lol

...and to contribute to the discussion, there’s always good and bad data online. It’s up to you to check the source. Logical reasoning helps as well :)

5. dang, i could say so much here, but im going to save it for the next victim, a little tip though, quit whining over the younger generation collectors, there is no rule saying that you personally have to partake on someone else's thread, I mean when I see stuff I dont like, I just pull my panties up and keep a truckin, it actually works, u should try it, then you can get back to collecting.. :) there not going anywhere, have a good day

-MidGen

6. Numiser

Numiser Well-Known Member

I agree with the OP, but complaining about YouTube is like ...

deadhorse.jpg

Santinidollar likes this.
  7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Well, since this is now a featured article, perhaps it will draw some attention from new collectors and help steer them right.

Bayern and 1916D10C like this.
  8. George McClellan

George McClellan Active Member

"The policy of letting a hundred flowers bloom and a hundred schools of thought contend is designed to promote the flourishing of the arts and the progress of science".

9. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Ain't that cute.

1916D10C likes this.
  10. 1916D10C

1916D10C Key Date Mercs are Life! 1916-D/1921-D/1921

That was Mao Zhedong, a Communist dictator. Your point?

HAB Peace 28 2.0 and Maxfli like this.
  11. Murillo

Murillo Well-Known Member

OH MY!! Not going to make excuses but I'm so guilty! I mean I watched some of those videos thinking that I might find out something and I guess the idea when these videos show coins that say photo by Heritage Auctions or some other auction house sold for X amount of dollars I think well maybe I should coin roll hunt and look for some of these coins. Okay I haven't found anything good. But have to admit when I do have questions about a coin THANK GOODNESS I go to the experts, that would be everyone on this site! Have absolutely no intentions of watching these videos anymore.

Thank you so much for this information I'm going to pass this information on to my friends. We buy coins once in a while we are not knowledgeable in coins we do it for fun. Thanks again :shame::shame::shame:

12. 1916D10C

@Murillo I'm glad this post enlightened you!

Murillo likes this.
  13. Its funny but then again its not. Its takes a special kind of person misleading take advantage of people who are gullible.

1916D10C likes this.
  14. cwcotto

cwcotto New Member

1916D10C likes this.
  15. 1916D10C

I wish I could edit my post to add in yet a new racket I discovered while lurking YouTube a few days ago. The more I browse Youtube, it just gets better and better. This same person is now asking people to pay a subscription fee to "join" his channel, which then gives one the privilege to send him coin photos and he will then determine if the coin is valuable or not. Scandalous. Haven't we, as members of CoinTalk, been doing this as a community all along, free of charge? And who does he think he is? CAC?? This is the same charlatan that grabs photos from Google images as material for videos..... So now we are to believe he has the expertise necessary to determine if coins are rare.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Bayern and paddyman98 like this.
  16. schepys_coins

schepys_coins Eric's Best Friend

that is absolutely ridiculous

17. 1916D10C

Tell me about it. This is the kind of stuff that really riles me up.

Justin Couch of "Couch Collectibles" is like the KING of clickbait and misleading numismatic info on YouTube.

18. schepys_coins

do you know how much he is charging per month ?

19. 1916D10C

$5/month to send photos of 10 coins.

20. schepys_coins

Im going to comment on that video and advertise cointalk

21. 1916D10C

You seriously want that guy to join up here?

Draft saved Draft deleted