YouTube blog on my bronze coin :)

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Evan Saltis, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Hey guys! I'm going to start up a YouTube channel dedicated to anything historical, from coins, family ancestry, and misconceptions across human history. I made this today, and it's up for any of you to view and comment on. Feel free to make suggestions on this.

galba68, DBDc80, Sallent and 19 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Huge ups! Great work on the video:artist:
    Thanks for taking the time to educate others on ancient coins and how to eradicate the dreaded disease, gingivitis... I mean, bronze disease! Har har.
    I sure couldn't tell that it was your first time making a vid nor that you are new to ancients.
    This was awesome and I can't wait for the next installment:woot:

Chuck_A and Evan Saltis like this.
  4. Evan Saltis

Glad you liked that, even if someone doesn't like it I'd love to be able to share something I enjoy with others! YouTube is a cesspool of terrible numismatic content- which in turn creates some of the drama we have in the WhatsItWorth forum.

Hispanicus and Ryro like this.
  5. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

I'm glad to see someone doing quality content about ancient coins on Youtube.

Good luck with the coin and your channel!

Chuck_A and Evan Saltis like this.
  6. Evan Saltis

My hope is that I can learn something new daily... I'm far from an expert!

Chuck_A likes this.
  7. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Fun video, Evan. I look forward to seeing more of your collection.

spirityoda and Evan Saltis like this.
  8. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Great first vid. Hope to see more from you as only a handful of numismatic YT channels are purely educational :happy:. BTW, I know it's off topic but our birthdays are just a couple days apart.

-Chris

Evan Saltis likes this.
  9. dadams

dadams Well-Known Member

Excellent video!! You’re well on your way to learning much and I agree with you in that everyone posting here are Great guys and gals!

Evan Saltis likes this.
  10. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Cool vid, Evan. I always learn best by watching others. You can tell me anything, but if I see it, I've got it.

Now, while you're soaking and waiting on that coin, what about a vid on how to properly, and safely, clean modern and semi-modern silver coins like Morgans, Peace Dollars, Netherlands 2 1/2 Gulders, German WW II 2 and 5 Mark coins, turn of the Century (1900) Spanish Pesetas and other Crown size silver coins ?

I want to bring back some shine and improve their appearance, without causing any damage or losing any value.

I know that's a difficult request, but maybe someone can help you with the info, and you can do the video.

Good Luck with your coins and Thanks for the instructionals.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  11. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

Great video Evan, I would be horrified to do what you are. Like you I'm newer at 63 and looking forward to collecting ancients of which I know little about, all I know for sure is never clean coins but I'm not sure about ancients. I look forward to following your progress along with the comments. Good luck with the results and the best in the future ahead of you. There are only a couple of tube channels that I watch and I will add you to the list. I did notice one thing that your mouth was out of sync with the soundtrack, like watching an old movie,lol. This site has been very educational for me with so many great people with unsurpassed experience.

Hookman and Evan Saltis like this.
  12. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

Evan, I enjoyed the video :D. You've got a great video presence ;).

13. Evan Saltis

Ha! Just noticed that ever so slightly. I know how to fix that so next time it won't be an issue :)

Hookman, YoloBagels and Chuck_A like this.
  14. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

A new YouTube star is born. Congrats @Evan Saltis , you definitely have a new subscriber here.

15. octavius

octavius Well-Known Member

Great video Evan. You passion for our hobby is inspiring.

Evan Saltis and Hookman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted