Your thoughts -Sell the whole set or individually?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cash4coin, Mar 8, 2015.

1. cash4coin

cash4coin ran 20 redlights

I have a higher grade Morgan set minus the 89CC, 93S, 95. Would I be better off trying to sell the set myself as it is, or selling each coin individually. I suppose that goes for any set. I want the biggest bang for my book. By the piece or as a whole?
    ungraded.
    All matched MS60's (mint luster all) - except for the 79CC, 84S, 94, 92CC, 95S which I consider XF45-AU50.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chromerunner

chromerunner ******

Raw or graded?
    Similar condition across the lot or mis matched?
    These questions would play a lot as to breaking up the set or offering as a whole IMO.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Also, what do you consider "high grade"?

Chris

5. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

What you get out of it is going to hinge mightily on how much effort you are willing to put into selling it.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  6. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

He says they're all MS60 except for a few EF/AU

7. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Well if you broke it up, you could probably make some money off me :p

8. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I would sell the CCs and rare dates individually and sell the rest off in groups.

Mr. Flute likes this.
  9. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

A significant factor in deciding the answer to your question is how well matched the coins are. A very well-matched set represents a great deal of effort, and a significant savings of effort for the next owner.

While it definitely takes more time to find the right buyer for a whole set than it does for just the better dates, it can also take much longer to dispose of the common dates than for a good looking set sold intact.

cash4coin likes this.
  10. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

That's what I would do. o_O

11. MadMartigan

MadMartigan Active Member

Here is what I would do I would break out the nicer coins, the more valuable and rare coins and sell those individually and they sell the rest as a set.

Take example if I were selling my 7070, I would sell my nicer type coins separately like my trade dollar and bust halves and half cents and what not with more value then just sell the rest of the set with the album as a lot.

To me that will get you the most money with the least hassle. If there are nicer coins in the set buyers who would be interested in those probably have a lot of the set already and don't want to hassle buying a whole set for 2-3 coins they are interested in. The more common stuff is a great starter set for some or just a way to bulk up there morgan collection and fits better as a lot.

cash4coin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted