Your opinion please

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coinzip, Jul 22, 2016.

1. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm with everyone else regarding George III. If the dealer is into Colonials and world coins that would have been used in colonial America, how about using Libertas Americana.

I like the idea that her hair is flowing in the same direction as the flag.

Chris

coinzip and dwhiz like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

I prefer the 13 star flag without the eagle as well but the barber coin has to go if this dealer sells colonial era coinage. Maybe a Continental Dollar or even a Pine Tree Schilling? Any coin struck on this side of the pond would be more fitting against the flag.

coinzip likes this.
  4. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

You stick Obama up there and I'm out of here.

HAB Peace 28 2.0 likes this.
  5. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I'm a little late to this conversation, but I found the the George III and the US flag juxtaposition rather humorous. George probably would not have approved. :) I think the overall design looks fine, but maybe it could use more coin and less flag. Did you consider using a collage of coins? Maybe having two or three overlapping? That could help cover all of the varieties that the dealer sells. You could display a colonial, a world, and whatever else fits in with the dealer's speciality.

If I came across this banner while web surfing, unless the words "Colonial and World Coins" displayed prominently, I would immediately think that the dealer specialized in US coins exclusively, given the prominence of the flag and a US coin. So you may want to mix the banner up a bit to reflect the dealer's inventory.

coinzip likes this.
  6. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

The coin is a Virginia Half Penny, colonial coin.

mikenoodle likes this.
  7. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

How about the coin that was most commonly used in Colonial Times: the Spanish Pillar (Pieces of Eight, eight reales, Spanish Milled Dollar, etc.)

coinzip likes this.
  8. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

I have to agree...the George IV or VI just doesn't go very well together... I like the Barber / Eagle theme much better.

coinzip likes this.
  9. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Keep the eagle...replace George 3 with a CC morgan...?

10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

ditto

11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

either is better

12. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

either is better??? (than what comparatively?)

what does that mean Frank???

Is senility setting in???

13. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Keep an eye on your intellectual property. Looks like the kind of thing a TPGS would make a "wash" of and use as a background for a slab label.

Paddy54 likes this.
  14. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Exactly! No eagle, and rather a Fugio cent or Nova Constellatio instead of the Barber dime.

jester3681 likes this.
  15. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

I like this coin better:
    Stooge.jpg

dwhiz and Dimedude2 like this.
  16. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

Maybe along with this one...

Capture.JPG

17. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I think the Virginia half penny is highly appropriate. If he deals mainly with colonial and world coins, the Virginia half penny is just about the ONLY authorized coin for use in one of the colonies. (The Mass silver being the other) All the rest of the pieces issued during the colonial period were private issues. The CT, MA, NJ coppers were all issued AFTER the colonial period. They are state coinage. The VT coppers are were issued by an independent country.

So the banner has the last colonial issued coin, with a Monach pictured that issued coins in a lot of other world countries, combined with the flag of the colonies that broke away from that Monarch.

If you did want to balance the image you might replace the eagle with an early Federal coin such as the Fugio cent (Only Federal coin issued under the Articles of Confederation, even though minted under contract) giving you the beginning, middle, and ending of the era.

18. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

Perhaps a picture of Bowers on the right in his infinite numismatic wisdom would suffice.

Draft saved Draft deleted