Your Opinion Please - 1909 Indian cent

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by bqcoins, Aug 5, 2010.

1. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

I don't actively collect indian heads, especially high grade ones. But when I saw this and its obscenely low price I snapped it up at an estate sale (lots of junk otherwise). I'd like some opinions on grade. I may try and flip this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    another angle/lighting for the obv:
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I'd say that I see some light circulation on the obverse mostly (tips of the feathers) so for me it'd be an AU assuming it still has pretty decent luster... it's a shame about the streaky planchet.

4. coinmaster1

coinmaster1 Active Member

it depends... how much do they want???

5. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I guessing you are right about AU, but if you have any more of those shameful streaky planchets you would like to get rid of, send me a pm.

6. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

I agree....nice coin!

7. bqcoins

I like the streaky planchet. I was also thinking AU because of the beads on the necklace, but wasn't sure if it was a weaker strike or wear, but I see what you are saying about the feather tips.

8. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Hmm - I think AU. The first set of pictures make it look decent with slight rub above the ear. The reverse I like the obverse I wish the streaks covered it all. Now the second picture makes the wear look worse and makes me wonder if it would be would of those "questionable" color coins. I believe the 09-S is known for weak strikes, but not the 09. Just my 'umble opinion.

9. bqcoins

I switched the light source from nat to art when I took that photo

10. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

Looks pretty good. I see at least 3 and a half diamonds.

Draft saved Draft deleted