Your Newest Note Addition

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by tonedcoins, Jun 25, 2010.

1. acheron

acheron umop apsidn

wow, a lot nicer than mine. ;) very nice!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave L

Dave L Junior Member

Oooooh! Awesome battleship note Rounded!!! Congrats! :hail:

4. rounded

rounded New Member

Thanks guys.

Dave L, again thank you for your bravery...

5. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

amazing :D I hit the mother load at work and would SO have pics up if my friend didn't have my damn camera again!

I got brand new series 09 stars outta a pack of 2k in twenties serial numbers JG (My name is Joe Gogolak ironically enough) 00507305* 306* and 407*

306* is an error note as well since it is cut HORRIBLE. it is on a slant you have an eighth in of paper on the left side and on the right side the top of the number 20 is touching the top of the cut. back is the same.

I also got a 1996 20 that I think might be a bleed through error but I need advice on that and an almost mint 06 serial number IG00038717

6. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

and also I searched the remaining new 20's in the mini vault and none were in their. I can't check the main vault which sucks or I woulda been in their checking to see if any where in! :)

7. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

I've had a slow couple of weeks for finds! Today, I bought some common 1973 and 1974 notes from a friend. Nothing exciting but some are consecutive numbers and in nice condition:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found a couple of interesting serial numbers in the till:

[​IMG]

8. krispy

krispy krispy

Nice notes and SNs.

9. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Wow! The one's in my budget have grease and holes and everything all over them.:D

10. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

Tell me about it :D That is a reel purdy note there!!! Thoat series of notes always looks real nice when in higher grades. That battleship really pops off the note!

11. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

Nice notes guys! Always nice to see some Canadian notes too.

12. rounded

rounded New Member

Had a good "past weekend" delivery today.

Well the Battleship and the rest of my notes came in today from over this past weekend. Some are just to fill my (like to have) some are (nice to have) for conversation.

027.JPG

1st:
    Famous $2 1918 Battleship Chicago Illinois - Already pictured in previous post....

2nd:
    1963 Chicago Illinois $1 Ser. G 00000031 B...279,360,000 Printed!! Gem New PPQ

3rd:
    1963B Kansas City... $1 Barr.... Gem New 65PPQ..44,8000,000 Printed

4th:
    1969D Star Note...New York...$1.. UNC...4,480,000 Printed

5th:
    1995 Star Note.. Chicago.. $1..UNC.. 10,240,000 Printed

6th:
    2006 Star Note..Atlanta..$5..UNC..

025.JPG

13. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

awesome :D I can't wait to get my digi back. Got another 2 consecutive star notes 06 this time new but the other tellers ran them through the money counter and nicked up one of the bills the other is pretty good still

14. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Do you know why there is "triangle shaped cut" a the edge of the note???

Due to the high grading, I am assuming it is suppose to be that way.

15. krispy

krispy krispy

It's the cancel mark, I do believe.

16. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

This is a great ticket, Duke -- not one I'd ever seen before. Or to be accurate, I guess it's a pass. Could you post the correct reverse?

17. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Hmmm, this vignette looks strangely familiar. ;)

18. acheron

acheron umop apsidn

Yeah, like krispy said, it was cancelled. The back of the graded sleeve mentions it. I assume that means someone redeemed it for their 8 dollars, though I think it could have been cancelled for another reason too. From what I've read, almost all notes of that type and date are cancelled; an uncancelled version would be very rare. Other dates it's easier to find uncancelled notes.

A lot of colonial notes have a hole in the center when they were cancelled, the triangle cut is a little different from what I've seen. I don't have much experience with colonial notes yet, but it's something I'm trying to learn about. I want to get the Krause "Early Paper Money of America" book by Eric Newman, but haven't gotten it yet. Maybe a Christmas present to myself. :)

19. krispy

krispy krispy

Krause's "Early Paper Money of America" by Eric Newman is very well worth the money spent! Exceedingly well researched and detailed. I bought this book to read as the Colonial notes interest me, but I'm uncertain if I want to collect any/many. A really neat book that I recommend you pick up.

20. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Got some new German NotGelds today and a French MPC, all in approximately ChCU condition!! Here's the pics:
    scan0020.jpg scan0017.jpg scan0015.jpg scan0016.jpg scan0014.jpg

21. avengerc4

avengerc4 Member

Draft saved Draft deleted