Your favorite dealer of all times?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ldhair, May 23, 2016.

1. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Craig's List. Craig has some of the rarest and most expensive coins in the world on it! :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

My favorite major dealer is ebay

Endeavor likes this.
  4. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

+1 Gerry has been a big help to me starting out going from collector to dealer I gotta meet up with him this week don't hurt he's 20 min away

Endeavor likes this.
  5. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I think my favorite major places to buy is stacks bowers and ha

Endeavor likes this.
  6. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

Yeah. I can't think of one dealer. I know only one dealers name at a shop close to me but he isn't the friendliest guy out there. I've had better experiences with dozens of dealers (I use the term lightly because anyone who sells on here could be considered a dealer) on ebay, and I don't know their names.

Endeavor likes this.
  7. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

The dealers who made me the most $$$..:D

Endeavor likes this.
  8. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

I got to go to my favorite b&m last week. I've been going in there whenever I'm in town for over a decade, though visits tend to be few and far between.

Jerry warmly welcomed me back and after catching up I asked to see some 90%.

At this he grew somber, informing me that he can not afford the $2k minimum bond required by big brother. He could not sell me any bullion.

The saddest I've ever seen him, he wryly commented that the best thing that could happen would be a break-in but joked that any people of that ilk in town had pawned all their possessions with him and so won't because it's all their own stuff anyway.

I laughed, but it wasn't funny. This is very sad.

Endeavor likes this.
  9. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Lloyd Fudge, he was retired, and owner of The Coin Shop in Mountain Home, Arkansas. Almost 50 years ago... I was 9 years old and he gave me hours (or it seems) of answering questions and teaching me. I worked over that summer, and I bought my first coins from him including an Odd-Type Denominations US Set, Trade Dollar, Flying Eagle, Large Cent, and other assorted US Coins. Still have them all...

Endeavor likes this.
  10. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

20160524_102959-1.jpg 20160524_103641-1.jpg

11. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

Nice token.

Endeavor and longnine009 like this.
  12. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I can't say I really have one. That's why I only buy and sell at major shows. I do have a list of non-favorites, but sometime it's only for certain types of purchases.

Endeavor likes this.
  13. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

I've met so many great people/dealers it would be impossible to call one my favorite.

14. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

The dealers that went broke selling to me at face value... :( (Trust me, there ain't any!)

15. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

My favorite dealer :cool: at the moment is in FL and I hope he does not go broke as he gives me lots of very valuable coins and jewelry FREE :D

16. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Are you his coin doctor? ;-)

17. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

He's his proctologist......... devil.gif

micbraun, Mainebill and Insider like this.
  18. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I have to go home to sleep and hope I forget this now.

19. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

20. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

I already posted on CT that I showed him a few conservation methods that made him some money. I do not fraudulently alter coins but I often can detect them.

The last time we spoke, he said he has a new "trick" to show me. Hopefully, it will be something I already knew and kept to myself. ;)

I guess I should be glad the attachment did not open.:p

21. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

My favorite dealer? @gbroke but it seems he's not around so much anymore...

Draft saved Draft deleted