Your Favorite Coin that Sold at Stacks-Bowers in Philly Aug. 2012 World Fair of Money

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by iGradeMS70, Aug 9, 2012.

1. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

So, with all of these rarities coming up for auction at Stacks-Bowers in Philadelphia's World Fair of Money this year, you've gotta have a favorite outta the bunch! Maybe it's something you won in auction, or maybe it's something you wish you could own but could never dream of affording?! Whichever, feel free to post it!

... I'll start. :D

This is an 1796 $1 (Sm. Date Lg. Letters) B.4a R3 in an ANACS F12 holder. Couldn't quite afford it myself, but I'm sure the new owner will be happy - It ended up realizing a very fair price.

210521_01.jpg 210521_02.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jhinton

jhinton Well-Known Member

The coin I am after doesn't hammer until tomorrow. :)

4. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Not many coins in Stacks' World Listing caught my eye but who wouldn't love to get this coin fyi it is 12 oz

200351_01.jpg 200351_02.jpg

5. jhinton

6. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

Teletrade Phiippine Coin Auction

Congratulations! I'm sure you are aware of all the Just Having Fun Philippine coins being sold tomorrow at Teletrade ... but just in case. Just Having Fun (of PCGS Standing Liberty Quarter Registry Set fame) says he will be selling Philippine coins for several weeks or months. You might pick up some other nice prizes. Good luck!

http://www.teletrade.com/coins/cat.asp?auction=3327

Best Regards,

George :hail:

7. jhinton

Yes, I am aware. I post on that forum as "Hintonator" as jhinton was apparently already taken. I only bid on a few of them and only won one. Most of my budget was tied up in this 1906-S peso and other lots in the Stacks auction by the time Dan posted the info about his coins on Teletrade.

While one of them is not a coin, these are my other favorites from the Stacks auction! I won the encased postage along with the 1906-S and the 1904 Peso was won last night.

Ayer's Sarsaparilla, 1 Cent, Medium AYERS HB.28, EP.4a, S.13 VF Reverse.jpg Ayer's Sarsaparilla, 1 Cent, Medium AYERS HB.28, EP.4a, S.13 VF Obverse.jpg
    1904 Peso ANACS MS63 Obverse.jpg 1904 Peso ANACS MS63 Reverse.jpg

8. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

That 1904 Peso is gorgeous! Congratulations on a spicy pickup! The encased postage stamp is pretty cool too.

Best Regards, :hail:

George

9. jhinton

I just received word from Stacks that the 1906-S crossed to PCGS and the 1904 Peso was upgraded from a 63 into a 64 holder!

Draft saved Draft deleted