You Post your Morgan Dollar #II

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jello, Jun 19, 2012.

1. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

4. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Funky and ugly but interesting. I thought it was one of the years that the micro O was a counterfeit but turns out that it's one of the years that is a real mint product. I won't even pretend to be a Morgan collector but it was cheap for what turned out to be a low grade top 100 VAM.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cmcart and jello like this.
  5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

6. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

NGC just puts a label around the GSA holder. It still fits easily in the Black/Blue GSA Box. PCGS puts it in another holder and it won't fit in the OGP.

I like the NGC idea better. I think PCGS tried to come up with another idea rather than copy NGC and it doesn't work for me.

7. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Pcgs holder is sealed un like Ngc band
    that I do like but won't change anything unless I can find a C C Gsa to grade that above MS 63+
    You know how hard to find that today.

8. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Understand. Different strokes for different folks. The NGC band goes entirely around the holder, so it's easy to see if it's been tampered with.

9. Cmcart

Cmcart Well-Known Member

VAM MorGans :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JPeace$, Mainebill and jello like this.
  10. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

image.jpg image.jpg Scratches by date on slab ngc ms 64 *

jello, geekpryde, torontokuba and 2 others like this.
  11. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

I see some of you are playing with your DSLRs. I'm not the photography buff in the household, but, I know how to screw in a natural light, meant for plants light bulb and snap a picture on AUTO mode.;) No Photoshop adjustments of any kind, only cropping, as the coin is in an Air-Tite with a white ring...

1885Morgan2.jpg

1885Morgan.jpg

Mainebill, McBlzr and jello like this.
  12. Mainebill

image.jpg image.jpg No color but still a nice Morgan

torontokuba likes this.
  13. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

What's this Bill? Did the earth stop rotating? Did H*ll freeze over?

Looks to be a possible PL. There seems to be a lot of small lusterless areas on both sides of the coin. What causes that? It doesn't look like residue from a dip?
    • Obverse: around the "E" in E Pluribus
    • Obverse: below the "P" in E Pluribus
    • Obverse: all along the fields by Ms. Liberty's bonnet
    • Reverse: around the MM
    • Reverse: in the fields all around the eagle
    Yet aside from these blemishes, there's clearly signs of deep mirrors. Love the flow lines. The slab also looks heavily scratched.

Mainebill likes this.
  14. Mainebill

I think the lack of luster is in the pics. Is one of the first slabbed morgans I bought about 5 years ago. A ms 65 pl cac. Was my type set Morgan until I upgraded to my ms 66* cac with monster toning and yeah the slab is scratched

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  15. Mainebill

image.jpg image.jpg I've actually got about a dozen blast white morgans. Most are cc mints as I was collecting them for awhile in white and others for the toning figured higher grade white Morgan dollars will always be an easy sell a lot of my toners are 63 and 64 a lot of my white ones are 65

16. ron_c

ron_c Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, appears to have been cleaned, but was an inherited coin. On it's way to PCGS to be checked out.

1901 - O.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    jello likes this.
  17. Mainebill

image.jpg image.jpg Only reason to pay near $1k for an 80-s one of my favorites tho

ron_c likes this.
  18. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I am just glad 60% of all my Morgan dollar were from my grandmother bank all dates were Gem bu roll til Ana opened Anacs . Otherwise at today's prices. Jello could not afford but a few.

Mainebill likes this.
  19. Mainebill

Any killer toners off the ends of the rolls? Good thing about morgans there's a lot of nice ones for not bad money. I just paid huge for that 80-s for the color without is a $60 coin

20. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I hear you loud and clear. If my grandmother was not a owner of a bank and wasn't a collector herself . At today's prices for a MS 63 96-O or earlier I would be SOL

Mainebill likes this.
  21. Mainebill

image.jpg image.jpg Highest graded one I got nice color too I need to get better pics of it

Draft saved Draft deleted