You opinion

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Nov 23, 2015.

1. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

If you're drinking correctly, there's little time left to chat. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Dave, that was awhile ago, yet I'm still chatty......I space out my snorts. :)

4. green18

And how are things tonite in the city of brotherly love? :)

5. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Actually you are wrong when it comes to this, that is not how the state of Wisconsin does it.... me thinks your going to be waiting for that apology a tad longer ;)

6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Please explain how Wisconsin does it.

7. charlietig

It's quite simple, everything is rounded up, it never is rounded down. That's how a sales tax has always worked here.

8. rickmp

Can you provide evidence of this? A link to an official state document that mandates this? I've looked and can't find that evidence.

9. charlietig

What is this? CSI? I haven't the slightest idea nor desire on how to obtain that. Only thing I know is that we get screwed on sales taxes due to the percentage being rounded up. Sorry man, maybe someone else can help with that.... until then, I'm going to bed. :) Happy Turkey Day

10. rickmp

So I'm supposed to blindly believe what you say?
    Don't look like a fool. If you can't prove your statement, don't make it.

11. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Here's a penny and very nice one at that...great LUSTer. Penny.jpg

12. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Is that Doubled D?

13. justafarmer

justafarmer Senior Member

If the cent is discontinued, merchants will not have the authority to determine how each individual transaction will break. The breakage rules will more than likely be established by each individual state through legislation and placed upon all transactions, cash, check, credit card, etc.. Many States would probably further exploit the breakage for the purpose of establishing a revenue stream. The same as most states have with para-mutual betting.

I don't know how much it costs to manufacture a cent. Keep in mind the figure you see contains the cent's lion's share of fixed, overhead and allocated costs which the mint would incur whether they manufactured cents or not. Being that cent production would no longer absorb their share of these cost - they'll be allocated to the other coin denominations being produced - thus raising their per unit cost of production.

Hommer likes this.
  14. charlietig

And just who the hell are you? Better question is, who cares?!

Come here to the state then, I owe and prove you nothing.

15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Do you really need to act like this? Calm down and act like an adult.

16. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'm ready for a double.

green18 likes this.
  17. green18

It ain't 5:00 PM yet, but the Lord grants special dispensation on holidays....... devil.gif

18. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

A bunch of Americans refer to cents as pennies. It'll never go away, and it started a very long time ago. Personally I have no problem with it. I grew up hearing it from almost everyone I interact with.

19. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

well he's only 18 yrs old :)

20. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

'Tis no excuse. Kid gloves should long since have come off by age 18. There certainly are times when attitude is reasonable and/or warranted, and others, like here, when it's completely uncalled for.

Actually, Charlie... you do. When one makes the claim, it's their responsibility to be able to back it up and not the other way around. I'm sorry, but Rick isn't in the wrong here, you are.

ldhair and rickmp like this.
  21. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Canada and Ireland both had the guts to abolish the cent (and 2 cent) coins and their economies still seem to chug along just fine. I was in Canada this year and rounding purchases to the nearest 5 cents never caused the slightest concern.

Or could the US make their cents out of aluminum? Like those neat Japanese 1 yen coins that float on water?

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted