You opinion

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Nov 23, 2015.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

ok how to watch this video I thought to myself John Oliver is quite right the scent is too expensive to produce we literally pouring out buddy too big buddy luminous it would be more feasible but it's a classic staple of American history

monetarium and medjoy like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

This is a cent:
    [​IMG]
    This is a scent:
    upload_2015-11-23_7-8-11.jpeg

4. billy b

billy b Active Member

Sweet one at that! very nice coin rick.

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

6. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

Lol I was gonna post this but I thought people would go crazy over the word "Pennies".

7. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Because of the recent uproar here on CT, I have started purposely using the word penny instead of cent.

8. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Can anybody translate this from kaosleeroygot to English?

10. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Seems like speech-to-text fail, but I can't figure out what the speech was.

11. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

I I'm sorry for the poor translation I'm using a speech to text software it does not work well. What I was trying to say is that the United States is pouring out more money then the coin is worth, pennies have become a blight to the point where even homeless people are throwing them away

12. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

The guy is right...we should stop losing money making cents.

13. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Of course. Make traditional bronze ones for collector sets, none for circulation, just to add color to the sets. Problem is the sausage factory such enabling legislation would need to pass through.

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Thanks for coming back and fixing it. We can sometimes puzzle through a scrambled word or two, but this time it was pretty impenetrable.

15. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

It's not just pennies the "homeless" are tossing. I drive by this spot, at a stoplight, several times a week. There is amost never someone not standing there with a sign. It was empty this day and I had to stop at the light there. I looked down at this spot and it made me want to pull over to pick up the change. Should I just assume they have no pockets without holes?:rolleyes: 11392799_894708653898383_124894820092810518_o.jpg 11392799_894708653898383_124894820092810518_o-2.jpg

16. Tydot310

Tydot310 Member

A cent having such little purchasing power is just a symptom of a larger problem. The larger problem being the erosion of our purchasing power in my opinion. I feel that is where the real threat lies. We can't even maintain a zinc standard anymore and that is sad.

17. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Well, a zinc standard would just corrode, anyway. :)

18. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

that was funny. I always pick up pennies(cents) and other coins too. pennies(cents) add up after a long time. plus I think it's good luck.... call me superstitious. :cat:

swamp yankee and green18 like this.
  19. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

What would happen to these? penny-loafer.jpg

20. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Cent is the correct word to use as the word penny is a nickname, or so Wikipedia says. I really don't care which is used or what we call it. They are both worth 1/100th of a dollar.

21. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Hmmm...If a cent cost 6 cents to make how can it be "worth" 1/100th of a dollar. :bored:

spirityoda likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted