You know you're an addict when you dream about roll searching

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Merc Crazy, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Has anybody else done this? Last night wasn't the first time, but I had a dream that an individual in front of me in line at a Wells Fargo cashed in over $100 face in silver quarters, rolled, of course. I asked for the rolls, got them, and then proceeded to cash them in later without noticing it. By time I noticed and went back, the tellers refused to give them to me, haha.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

O actually did have a dream about coins a few weeks ago and meant to make a post but forgot. It was that I had a bank roll of large dollar coins and in it I found lots of seated libertys and 2 heraldic silver dollars in MS condition.

4. Lincoln Cents

Lincoln Cents Cents not pennies

I must admit, yes I have. I don't remember many of the details, but I think I had found rolls of Flying eagle cents, IHCs, and 1909 S VDBs. Must be a result of roll searching late at night, lol.

5. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

I had a dream where I went down into my uncles basement and he had tons of chunks of raw silver. he was apparently melting into weird scultures and had no idea it was valuable!

6. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

Yep. I've dreamed of opening rolls with silver in each roll. I wake up and go to the bank and get rolls, only to be disappointed lol

7. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Geez, you guys need a hobby! ... Oh yeah, you have one. Alright, start drinking some better booze then...you'll sleep better.:D

Bruce

8. Kanderus

Kanderus Active Member

I alwahs.dream that I find silver at a bank or in change but it never seems to be loads of silver, just like one quarter or two dimes. Stuff like that.

9. texansfan

texansfan New Member

I get a little rush when I first walk out of the bank with some rolled coins.

10. Moonshine

Moonshine ....................

I have roll searching dreams alot too. I'll post 'em here when I have them. Yours sounds like a nightmare though!

11. AWalker14

AWalker14 New Member

once i gave up on my roll hunting so i went to bed and in my dream i thought i was still awake. The moment i awoke i went to go check out my silver. I noticed that my dream was a nightmare and i went to my silver pile an ran my hands through it.

12. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Had a dream last night about roll searching. I went in to pick up my box of halves and they told me to get it out of the vault. It was in a pizza box and the coins were all loose but then taped down to the bottom of the box. It clearly was not a full box because it only weighed 12.5 lbs and I told them it was only half a box. To the left of the box was the other half of the coins and they were all clad commemorative coins which I told them I would take to make a full box. They declined and kept telling me to take the half full box. I then notice another pizza box and this one was full of CWR's and I told them I taking that or give me my $500 back. Then my dog barked and woke me up, so I have no idea how it would have ended.
    Weird. Talk about being addidcted, now I'm dreaming about CRHing, geez.
    HOTN

13. mammoth29

mammoth29 Well-Known Member

So as I began my roll hunting obsession a while ago, my wife told me I was crazy and has maintained that opinion for quite some time now. Well about two months ago she decided she wanted to search with me in the evenings when I look through my penny rolls. In our first search we found 4 wheats in about 10 rolls, she was excited and was glad she had helped.

The next morning she calls me at work and proceeds to tell me that she had had a dream about wheat pennies and roll searching all night! She was mad at me cause she didn't get a good sleep! She said that in her dream everyone was using wheat pennies to pay for everything! She went throughout the day like that and then in the evening, still in her dream, we were roll searching and every penny was a wheat.

I had to laugh right out loud cause now she feels compelled to help me roll search just because of that dream!

14. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

I recently had a dream that when I went to pick up my two boxes at lunch they endup up both being pure silver. I took the rest of the day off and rushed them straight to the SDB.

Man did that dream end up NOT coming true!!!

15. CopperJacket

CopperJacket New Member

There were once some very some brave souls,
    Who searched through so many coin rolls.

Sitting down every night,
    With hearts so light,
    They would comb and search for the most precious of sights.

But as time passed, without a glimmer of hope,
    They began to ponder how they could possibly cope.

Tired and defeated, they would retire to bed,
    All hunger for coin being entirely fed.

Yet sill their determination wavers not,
    As they still seek what was once sought.

And no matter the discouragements anyone may say,
    They will always be willing to try again, the very next day.

Sorry guys, It just came to me :)

Best,
    C.J.

16. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

I had a dream I was a detective.....I woke up undercover!

17. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Budda Bump Chhhh!! Thank you folks, I'll be here all night! ;)

18. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Don't forget to tip your bartenders and waitresses....they're working awfully hard for you!

:D

19. Moonshine

Moonshine ....................

I watched some auction show on TV last night and they were selling some civil war documents that were written by a guy with the last name of "Trueblood." So last night I had a dream about vampires and one of them gave me 3 coins....2 were silver quarters and the other one I couldn't identify. In the dream I remember thinking "well vampires are old so they must have old coins!"

20. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

If I was going to have a dream about roll hunting it would most likely be a nightmare. Because every time I do it I open box after box and find nothing but junk after junk.

21. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

I had a dream the other day I found a 14-D and it wasn't until the day after the dream that I realized I actually hadn't :(

Draft saved Draft deleted