You Gotta Read This Seller's Description for Marshal Commems...Selling Way Below Cost!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by keemao, Feb 20, 2015.

1. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I doubt it! First, the bulk submission numbers would still outnumber most other submissions. Second, I'm betting that many of the rest of the submissions are made by "flippers" who want to beat everyone else to the market while the feeding frenzy is still at its peak.

Chris

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chromerunner

chromerunner ******

Around 21.40 by the time I get it back home, add $5.00 for the fancy label.
    (NGC)

4. tulipone

tulipone Well-Known Member

You must jest? $26.40 for the slab + the cost of the coin (25c?). How can it be possible to make a profit with these margins? How much would a 70 coin be worth?

5. chromerunner

chromerunner ******

The coin is $13.xx - $14.xx + ship from the mint.

6. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Since when is the Mint supposed to make only MS70 coins? If this were the case, flippers like that crybaby would never be able to rip people off with them.

7. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

What would the mint have to charge for a coin if they had to hire outsourced graders to check every coin then melt the ones that didn't get the sticker?

Endeavor likes this.
  8. tulipone

Hold on. Are we saying that a slabbed 25c coin adds up to over $40?

I think you are playing with me.

9. chromerunner

chromerunner ******

It's a 50c coin. Unless your talking about something else. Some of the bulk submitters will get cheaper rates.

All the numbers are available on the mint website and the TPG site service list

10. john59

john59 Well-Known Member

Some one was having a bad day hilarious!

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

So he was supposed to get a boatload of '70's back from NGC?

rofl.gif

Endeavor and geekpryde like this.
  12. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Now that is different!! Never seen a listing where the seller put all his feelings and hatred into the item! Wow.. ;)

Endeavor likes this.
  13. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

The cost to have these graded at the Long Beach show and have First Day of Issue stickers I believe was $30 PER COIN plus the cost of the coin. You get them back at the show so no shipping involved. So figure $45-46 per proof and unc 50 cent coin for that label. You can't get that label sending them to NGC...only first/early release labels.

And no, dealers do not get a discount on bulk submissions at shows....except maybe the likes of MCM and some of the others that submit thousands of bulk coins a year. The smaller dealers that have dealer accounts with NGC pay the $30 a coin. But unless someone rats out what they pay, we will never know what kind of discount they get for their show bulk submissions. I am sure he probably paid the $30 a coin plus the cost of the coin.

Endeavor likes this.
  14. chromerunner

chromerunner ******

Sorry, I was talking regular labels/first release. Never submitted at a show...

Endeavor likes this.
  15. tulipone

Every day I learn something new - I'm not aware in UK that we slab (at least I don't own any slabbed) and I guess I now know why. I'm far too cheap!

Endeavor likes this.
  16. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Some of you do ;-)

http://www.coingradingservices.co.uk

Endeavor likes this.
  17. tulipone

Thats two things today! I don't own any coins that would benefit from the service.

Endeavor likes this.
  18. littlehugger

littlehugger Active Member

He had another description thanking the "Ray Charles, Helen Keller division of NGC" for his 69 gradings.

Endeavor likes this.
  19. john59

john59 Well-Known Member

Up to $400.00

Endeavor likes this.
  20. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Poor feller. Slabbing and flipping moderns is a tough business to be in these days.
    He was probably at the end of the line and the TPG had already passed out their quota of 70's for the day.:(

Endeavor likes this.
  21. FredJB

FredJB Well-Known Member

Watching speculators buying these US Mint coin show specials is like watching lemmings swarm over a cliff.

micbraun, Endeavor and geekpryde like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted