You ever been to It'za Chicken..? Opps...thats Chichen Itza...Mexico?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Paddy54, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I ran across this 2007 Mexican $100 bi medal the other day digging through the vaults.
    It then reminded me of some of my many trips into Mexico. Not only the Yucatan peninsula, but Baja Mexico as well.
    Now as we all are limited to getting away...on a holiday, it's time to tie numastic and travel together without leaving your home.
    So here's the thread to post your Mexican coins,and paper,and images of your trips to Mexico.
    Here's the thread to keep you going until we all can get going again.
    Plus heres a thread that links a place that maybe thousands of miles from a members home.
    Giving them the insight of what Mexico is all about.....its not just Cancun ....
    However the Yucatan peninsula is breathtaking, the beaches, the history, and the people ,all makes this a must see vacation spot.

I don't consider Cancun as Mexico....its so commercial, I do like Plata de Carmen, but if you leave the tourist spots,
    Tour the ruins of Tulum , and Chichen itza, swim in a Cenote..go horse back riding on the beach...so much to do and see,and experience the Mayan mystery ....so cool so start posting... 1604149039821_20201023_064605.jpg 1604149040914_20201023_064541.jpg site_0483_0001-750-0-20080528123637.jpg site_0483_0011-360-360-20080528165948.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

4. Paddy54

20201031_085450.jpg

I purchased this drawing done on a deer skin, at Tulum Mexico , right outside the city and pyramid.

It is what an Mayan high priest would look like.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    ddddd, Inspector43 and tommyc03 like this.
  5. Paddy54

6. The Eidolon

The Eidolon Well-Known Member

Here are some Mexican fractionals:
    Ob copy.jpg
    Rev copy.jpg
    I last went to Mexico in 1990
    pyramid.jpg
    And a maze I drew in 2014
    Mayan Mask 11-11-2014.jpeg

Harpo, Paddy54, goossen and 2 others like this.
  7. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Never been to Mexico but have a fairly large collection of Mexican coinage. Here is a small selection. Note, the bi-centennial top right was struck in medal alignment, it is not a rotated die
    DSC01056.jpg DSC01057.jpg

Paddy54, ddddd and Inspector43 like this.
  8. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

When we were in Tulum there was a lady sitting in the doorway to the ladies room. She was selling squares of TP for $1 each. There was none in the room.

I love the Mayan ruins on the Yucatan.

expat and ddddd like this.
  9. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

Probably the wrong place to post, and I consider myself a Christian but sitting beside the grand cenote at Chichen I had one of the most spiritual experiences of my life - tears upwelled and I felt almost lifted skyward.
    Will never forget that and holds such a special place in my heart (and soul).

10. Paddy54

I couldn't help the feeling that it was so lush and beautiful! Swiming in the cenote was very cool. But wondered how much water was under me? How deep was this perfectly round hole....with jungle flora growing down the opening...... what was interesting... is the numbers of steps that were cut into the wall leading down to the water were the same number as the Mayan calander had days.

The Eidolon likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted